Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Old frame to good use
  • duntstick
    Free Member

Setting off tomorrow with the intention of travelling north from the South of France to Uk
    Whether my knackered old frame is up to it, I’m not sure, but the bike will be fine.

kudos
    Free Member

That’s one helluva ride, good luck! How long are you expecting it to take?

And I think that frame should be fine, if you break it, you may ask a small boy to operate the bellows while you forge it back together! 🙂

jekkyl

you lucky devil. I’d love to have the time to do a tour like that.

Are you pushing for as many miles a day as possible or do you have time for a more liesurely ride, stopping to sight see, swim in lakes/rivers, gaze at mountains, drink beer etc?

atlaz
    Free Member

What’s your route?

duntstick
    Free Member

I’ve loosely said 2 weeks, but as I’m not very experienced at this sort of thing, it could take a little longer, not really sure and don’t have any real time constraints.

I’ll be heading across to pedal up the Velodyssey, solo, mainly wildcamping.

The idea is to stay away from traffic, swim in the sea a lot, ride up French canals and through pine forests. Apparently it’s not all tarmac so could be nice riding with no gerrt big mountains to get over.(maybe next time 🙂 )

The restorative properties of Chimay, and Leffe are well known so will be regularly re-fuelling and heading for 100km a day, roughly.

jekkyl

you’re going up the coast? even better. Would love to see your pic blog if you’re doing one.

atlaz
    Free Member

My suggestion for one section (La Rochelle to Les Sables) is to try to ride via the coast road not the designated cycle roads from La rochelle to St Michel en l’Herm (my parents live near there so I’m familiar with the roads). It’ll take a bit more mapping but for my money is a far nicer stretch of road as the others can be a bit heavy with cars, lorries and tractors. The flip side is that the surface can be a bit crap.

duntstick
    Free Member

Cheers Atlaz, just pencilled that in, any more suggestions from anyone, would be great.
    Hmm, never done a blog….

duntstick
    Free Member

Bikes are ace, it’s official, any bike will do, JFDI 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Old frame to good use’ is closed to new replies.