Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Old fire brigade equipment?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Anyone know anything about it?
    Rummaging through the garage at mums I came across a couple of old, brass bits from J H Heathman, London.
    There’s a hose nozzle and what appears to be a big shut-off valve.
    There’s also a water pressure gauge of some sort..

sadexpunk

not sure what the ‘shut off valve’ is, but id guess the nozzle could be an old brass branch, and the gauge maybe for testing the pressure of hydrants.

you could google ‘old fire brigade brass branch’ and ‘old fire brigade hydrant pressure gauge’ and see if the pics are the same?

parkesie
    Free Member

Post some pics I know a few people who will likely know.

wheelsonfire1

Put some pictures up, I did 32 years as a firefighter so may be able to remember. Only maybe…. or DM me with your email.

avdave2

My dad was in the fire service for 30 years from the early 60’s onwards, post up the pics and I’ll show them to him

stevied
    Free Member

I’ll post some pics tomorrow, had some beer 🍻

stevied
    Free Member

Here’s some pics:
    nozzle
    gauge
    valve
    valve2

daviek

the valve is a hydrant valve, plug the hose in there and the branch on the far end, gauge could be for anything really, maybe for keeping an eye on a pumps pressure?

sadexpunk

i cant see the pics, any idea why that may be?

parkesie
    Free Member

The valve looks like a delivery off a pump the guage is prob off the same pump. If the guage had a coupling male coupling it would be a perfect match for a hydrant test guage we’ve got in a box. It’s all very similar to the kit on a horse drawn steam pump that lives on Burton on Trent station.

parkesie
    Free Member

Steam fire job

I look after the modern stuff but we have some old ass stuff dotted around the county.

stevied
    Free Member

Steam fire job

That’s a beauty! Thanks for the info 👍

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Old fire brigade equipment?’ is closed to new replies.