Viewing 35 posts - 81 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • Old Fart n Chipps Quantocks STW ride ..Early roll call .
  • Candodavid
    Free Member

I'm sure I can sort a good ride out, with a little bit o Mendip Magic!!!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

A warning to all planning attending on Sunday.

Mendip splatter will be a more appropriate term than 'Magic'. Bring tyres that will be goodish on mud but capable on roots and rocks also.

It will be a slow ride, since the Singletrackmonkeys, of which Dave and I comprise 50% of total membership (a clubette?) will be slightly hungover and full of Thai curry aftermath!

😯 😈

chipps

Any ride in which there are photos taken will be slow. As will any ride with more than four people, so you'll probably be fine. Where are we suggesting for Sunday's ride? Burrington Combe then? Or elsewhere?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

There are photo's being taken?

I may wash!

I think Dave will administer the Sunday details in a couple of days. I'm along for the ride me.

chipps

Well, there'll be pictures taken regardless… Didn't you get the model release form? 😉

Researching pub B&Bs at the moment.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"There are photo's being taken? I may wash!"

I will shave!

charlierevell
    Free Member

Ill put my best gear on and find a clean bike then! hehe

Hmmm to gear or to SS?

Knottie…. Give me a shout sometime and we'll hook up to sort thru some details for route etc….

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I'll be on SS, all I have currently.

chipps

I'd better build a bike up then… While the Blood would be great on the downs, it might be a bit taxing on the climbs.

oldfart

Which niche for the Quantocks ? 8)

knottie8
    Free Member

geared 456 for me and my usual fuji camera.

sharki
    Free Member

I'll be on my Gearless DH bike.

As it too is all i have.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Curtis SS for me on the sunday

Chipps, Try Swan inn at Rowberrow think they do B+B

daved
    Free Member

Chipps

Failing the Swan try the Penscot in Shipham. They have rooms for sure. It is a 20 minute warm up ride to Burrington from Shipham …

home

Dave

Candodavid
    Free Member

Could you all confirm who will be on the Chipps Mendip ride on Sunday 6th so I can decide where to be the meeting point

David

TheSwede
    Free Member

Dam my mother for having her 70th birthday dinner that day. I told her I had something important on but my pop frowned and said " unless you want out of the will, you'll be there son" so, as they have a rather large property that I would like to put my bikes in some day, its have a good one folks from me.

chipps

Surely it's just a Mendip ride?
    My being there won't make it any less muddy… 🙂

Let me know where you're starting and I'll be able to work out where to stay.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

That depends Chipps, on Thursday night I had the displeasure to see 10 4×4's in places they shouldn't be. There's some right old mess up there now.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Cando – yes. Am local can meet anywhere.
    4×4 – where were they ripping up? I assume they went up link lane? I saw some evidence of MX bikes on Tuesday. The hill will end up getting closed completely!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

3 up link lane as per the usual, and 7(!) coming from the Twin transmitters. We watched them come all the way down and through onto blackdown through the gate. Then they went down toward Lower Ellick Farm via what we call 'the cursed fence', and back up the alternative climb to the trig. Lost sight of them from there.

Gutted. They were making such a mess.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

We need a stealth network like Leigh Woods…

Candodavid
    Free Member

Mendip sunday ride will be starting from Swan Inn at Rowberrrow for 10.30 departure, route has been planned but numbers will depict which way and where we go, should be good fun though!!

oldfart

righto i'll see if i can magic myself out the door 2 days following !!!

oldfart

oh will be mellow as chipps asked or are you going like yer arse was on fire ?

Candodavid
    Free Member

will be a regular kind of ride Roland, slowish up fun going down, will be on SS though

oldfart

sounds "normal " then !

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

With all this talk of a Sunday Mendip ride, i assume the Q's on Saturday is still happening?

Candodavid
    Free Member

Yes, were doing both

aleigh
    Free Member

Happy Birthday Old Fart!

21 again – you don't look a day older 😀

x

oldfart

Awwww shucks Ali what a star !!! 😛
    x

Anna-B
    Free Member

Oh yeah birthday kisses for older fart!

(thanks Ali)

Happy birthday

x

oldfart

anna you are also a star !!!!
    see you a week saturday 😉
    luv the flatulent elder !!!
    x

chipps

OK… I'm off tomorrow, so no internet.
    Therefore, see y'all on Saturday at the park gate thingy, ready to ride by 10am then. I'm staying at the Carew Arms, so no excuses for me.

And can someone point me to the start point and time for Sunday's ride too? The Swan wasn't it?

knottie8
    Free Member

see you there , I'll be by a white Skoda Octavia with a red 456 inbred.

07866500258 if your lost.

elliptic
    Free Member

Sunday's ride: the Swan @ 10.00 for 10.30 is the plan. Dave's rollcall thread is here.

Viewing 35 posts - 81 through 115 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Old Fart n Chipps Quantocks STW ride ..Early roll call .’ is closed to new replies.