Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)
  • Old Fart n Chipps Quantocks STW ride ..Early roll call .
  • oldfart

Right then although it's 3 weeks Saturday thought i'd post this now .Chipps is a definite hoping Knottie and Sharki will help with the route Annabanana is bringing something to celebrate my birthday !!!.Need some idea of numbers what people want to do about grub .Grub wagon should be there .Depending on numbers will do he usual split groups .Again if not too many just one group .
    So if you fancy helping this old gentleman !celebrate another passing year by riding the Qs put yer name down .So thats the 5th of December .More details to follow .

peteimpreza

Pencil me in

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I'll have a babycham

oldfart

SM showing yer age a bit ?

RichPenny
    Free Member

I should be able to make it mate. I'll bring the gin 🙂

chipps

Babycham? That's a proper West Country (well, Shepton Mallet) drink… so count me in.
    I'll be around for Sunday probably too if I (and anyone else) can stand the pace…

Dibbs
    Free Member

Crikey, a Quantocks ride when I'm actually not working (well not on the Saturday anyway).

johnners
    Free Member

Bring a spare drivetrain if it doesn't dry up some.

Taz

Gutted – broken collarbone means I am unavailable for selection 🙁

This was 'penned' into the diary

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Yeah. I'll be there 🙂

woodsman
    Free Member

Wear waterproof socks for all the stream crossings!

The Rose and Crown at Nether Stowey is a good B&B, decent rooms and bike washing facilities, price ok too – stayed there a couple of weekends ago.

nedrapier

I'd love to come. I've been trying to get down to the Quantocks for a while, and things keep getting in the way.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I'll bring a good-size hipflask of Scotland's finest. 😀

Del

re-tasking the satellites now…

oldfart

Expected to hear from C G ,Knottie ,Sharki and a few others by now .Bumpity bump !!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Arse! I'm in Plymouth that day. No fizzy wine for me. 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

Hoping I can make this. Can I be a pencil too? Cheers!

cinnamon_girl

oldfart – depends on work situation 🙁 But I will try my hardest to be there!

judderman
    Free Member

pencil me in, where ye all meeting to?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"where ye all meeting to?"

Pub?

chipps

How long/mental will the ride and pace be? I'm assuming that group inertia will slow things down a little.
    Where and when for the start? Might determine where I end up staying.

Looking forward to it. Seems I only ever ride the Quantocks in December. I really must get back when the streams are refreshingly cool, rather than ice-cube making…

mmb
    Free Member

would a slow old fattie be able to cope with tagging along?

crispybacon
    Free Member

sounds like a grand day out so count me in 😆

would a slow old fattie be able to cope with tagging along?

Hmmm not sure you want to ride a tag-along on the Q's 😉

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Balls. 👿 Missus is in London that day with the car so I can't get there. I will ride in the Q's one day.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I can give you a lift if you need one mate, don't think you're too far from me.

mboy
    Free Member

Seeing as I've not ridden the Quantocks before, and have nothing else to do that day so far, there's no excuse for me not to be there really!

So see you all there… 😉

charlierevell
    Free Member

I'm good for this one… I can do saturdays!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I can give you a lift if you need one mate, don't think you're too far from me.

That's very kind of you. I'm not thst far but it's in the wrong direction.

oldfart

mmb you haven't been on one of our rides have you ?5 mph is caning it !!!!
    cg would be good to see you before chrimbo !

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

10-15 minute bursts of barrelling down some interesting trail, followed much gassing and bimbling back up followed by more gassing, passing around foodstuffs, flasks, mild insults, and smiling a lot.

Repeat until legs go wibbly then retire to the pub/burger van. Sometimes there is cake. Really enjoyable in my opinion. If we keep this it risks evolving into a South West "scene".

Raceheads need not apply. 😀

oldfart

Buzz in a nutshell mate !

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Can't make this one i'm afraid OF. Family commitments, plus i might not have my new bike up and running by then.

shortcut

singlespeedable? i may put in a debut appearance so pencil me in.

where are we starting from?

knottie8
    Free Member

Its not sorted where we will all meet yet. it will depend on numbers. Lets not make this a huge group ride like the last one. The winter days are short remember. It maybe a good idea to start from holford if we want a pub finish , although I'll need to check opening times. Im thinking the dog pound climb to start ?

rOcKeTdOg

i'd like too, need to survive the cotswold ride first

oldfart

Mr K good to hear from you again Best try for an earlier (and less faffage ) time ?Seems like about 20 people at the moment ?

knottie8
    Free Member

I have been having computor issues (grrrrr) . Should be fun if Anna makes a big enough cake (hint hint).

oldfart

Oh don't fret Anna's got the cake covered (so to speak ! )Wouldn't think time wise we would fit in with pub opening .Gets dark 430 ish and i guess happy jack at The Plough doesn't open until 6 !

Anna-B
    Free Member

if Anna makes a big enough cake

Cake?! But I've been making this for old fart…… no-one said it had to be cake……

oldfart

AB take no notice of that lot !Carry on just making for me 😯 OF x .

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Old Fart n Chipps Quantocks STW ride ..Early roll call .’ is closed to new replies.