Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • old downhill video
  • muff
    Free Member

afternoon!

does anybody remember the old retro downhill video that was posted on STW a couple of months ago, i think it was on dirt website too..

it was a race from what must have been about 20 years ago.. full rigid, flatout, lots of crashes.

can anyone find the link??

servo
    Free Member

was it this one?

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol.. that is flipping hilarious. Entirely aside from their bikes and riding clothes, it’s just about the finest display of utterly incompetent riding I’ve ever seen 🙂

The crowd are loving it though. They should do more races like that. The bikes must be flat bars, cantis, SPDs, 150mm stem, 1.9″ tyres, you must wear purple lycra and have been MTBing for less than a year. And the courses must be very fast.

That would make top quality telly.

lowey

Thanks for reminding me. Brilliant video.

5thElefant
    Free Member

😆 Amazing how primitive bikes were just a few years ago.

simonm
    Free Member

hehe, that video is too represntative of what riding was like at the time. Look at the other vids on You tube to see more up to date looking riding.

mt
    Free Member

Don’t remind me I’ll have nightmares, I wore the clothes, had the long stem, loved them skinny fast tyres and could never stop with canti’s (disc brakes, I love them). Even had some some white Onza tyres.

StirlingCrispin

Was it this one?

BUCS 2011

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

mt – Member
    Don’t remind me I’ll have nightmares, I wore the clothes, had the long stem, loved them skinny fast tyres and could never stop with canti’s (disc brakes, I love them). Even had some some white Onza tyres.

Bula hats for slalolm markers, isn’t it? Wasn’t it?

Lakes_Puma

Lol.. that is flipping hilarious. Entirely aside from their bikes and riding clothes, it’s just about the finest display of utterly incompetent riding I’ve ever seen

The crowd are loving it though. They should do more races like that. The bikes must be flat bars, cantis, SPDs, 150mm stem, 1.9″ tyres, you must wear purple lycra and have been MTBing for less than a year. And the courses must be very fast.

That would make top quality telly.

molgrips, watching the video and then reading your comment had me laughing so much I actually threw up, just what I needed keep it up 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘old downhill video’ is closed to new replies.