Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Old but virtually unused – what’s it worth?
  • supertwisted
    Free Member

I built this up years ago to serve as a flat-bar gravel, bike packing, touring type affair. But I’ve never really used it and instead have just clocked up thousands of miles on my singlespeed.

I have a ballpark figure in mind of around £500-600 for it, but I honestly don’t really know if it’s worth more or less? It’s pretty much unmarked and has less than 200 miles on it I expect.

If it’s not worth what I’m hoping for I will probably break it.

Pic:IMG-1040upload pic

Spec:
    2015 Genesis High Latitude
    XT 2 x 10 Shifters
    XT Front mech
    XT Double chainset
    SLX clutch rear mech
    SLX brakes
    Mavic EN521s on Superstar Fuel hubs
    Salsa rigid forks
    SDG Bel Air on Ti rails
    DMR V8s

I also have QR15 adapters for the front wheel and a 1.5″ Nukeproof bottom cup so the fork can be swapped out for a tapered steerer.

Cheers

davros

I had one of those frames, it was great. I’m sure the frame and fork would sell easily if you split it. If it was mine I’d want at least 500.

supertwisted
    Free Member

Cheers, I must admit I’m reluctant to let it go. But I never use it. All my riding is on-road these days and any minor off-road excursions my Charge Plug manages well enough on slick 32s.

davros

Someone in the classifieds is after a similar bike, might suit them if it’s a large.

supertwisted
    Free Member

Thanks Davros, I’ve dropped a reply in his post.

lunge

As I always post in these threads, the guide is reasonably simple.
    50% of what you paid for it (or what you could buy it for when new, so not RRP if it was at 30% off at CRC for months) minus 10% for every year old it is.
    That’s your start point, add maybe 5 or 10% for good condition, take the same away for obsolete standards (26” wheels, QR’s, etc).

iainc

^^^^ given shortage of bike stock in the shops and the delay on 2021 stock, bikes seem to be going for a lot more that that rule of thumb. For the bike in question it could well go for £700, though it may not be worth that, depending on how you define worth … 🙂

701arvn
    Free Member

Recently sold a 2016 Boardman for £24 pounds less than I paid for it. I was quite surprised.

On the other hand a similar vintage ladies Specialized went for around 60% of what I paid for it – which I put down to less demand.

So, I’d be tempted to try it on EBay and see what the market will bear

smudgey
    Free Member

Normally without the C.V crisis about £2-£300, its a 5 year old frame. More at the moment,I think you’ll be doing well to get £600. I sold a Specialized Hybrid for £425 when I paid £725 new and it was 2 years old. I did very well to get that.

chestrockwell

If you want to jump on the Covid bike bonanza I’d get in quickly as I just picked up a very good condition 2017 Marin 4 Corners Elite gravel/adventure thing for £495 via ebay. RRP was £2000, full Rival groupo inc hydro discs etc. Seen similar spec bikes go for double that recently.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Old but virtually unused – what’s it worth?’ is closed to new replies.