Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Old BMW K series any owners here?
  • Edric64
    Free Member

I`m considering buying an older BMW k75 or k100 they seem very cheap for what they are .Is this because they are a technological nightmare ?

tomaso
    Free Member

The flying brick! Have a look at the cost of spares and it isn’t a cheap bike if it needs stuff doing but they can take miles and neglect.
    Its like driving some sort of remote controlled armchair but the bigger ones still shift and for distance there is not much but a Pan or another big B’imer to better it.

I prefer Honda C90s as they make backplanes come alive 🙂

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

They’re great bikes (for that era) and very reliable with one exception: replacing the clutch is an engine out job.

As a bike courier in the 80’s with K100s and K75s as company bikes I burnt out two clutches (beer -fuelled abuse may have been involved) and hence was disliked by the company mechanic.

As long as you’re confident the clutch is in good shape I’d go for it, great value bikes.

Edric64
    Free Member

Thanks for the input .Im just looking for a cheap summer toy that wont get much mileage .I dont need a sports bike as with my ability I would never do it justice.

Nomad
    Free Member

My old K1100rs
    Awesome bike, fast, very stable and very bombproof.
    Just Fookin heavy!

mav12
    Free Member

i had a k100 rs for a short while. very heavy bike nearly dropped it twice well engineered think ihad a problem with the starter soleniod being sticky had to lift the tank and give it a couple of whacks exhausts are v pricey iircc. abs can be finickey. wish id kept it now

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Old BMW K series any owners here?’ is closed to new replies.