Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Oktoberfest roll call
  • Who’s in then ?
    4 or 8, team or solo ? What’s your target ?

I’m riding solo. After riding 144km at the 12 hour event earlier this year, I’m aiming for 100+km in 8 hours as a realistic goal, whatever position that puts me in.
    Trouble is, I finish work in Worcestershire at midnight on Friday, so after driving straight down to Bristol and sleeping in the Land Rover, I may not be at my best by 9am. 😕

If you see a big fat beardy bloke on a Lynskey Rohloff 29er wearing Vegan Cyclists kit give me a shout to keep me awake.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Single speed 8 hour solo for Las Vegas Institute of Sport.

I’ll do as many laps as I can, 12 would be great, 10 will be fine.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Male Pairs 8 hour with Scott Cornish, racing as Cyclist No.1/Team Syncros.

Just riding for a laugh, both of us are endurance riders rather than whippets so not expecting to be all that competitive but will be giving it our all.

Will be riding the new Marin Rift Zone if it turns up from ATB in time/someone else hasn’t bagged it in for review first.

clubber
    Free Member

both of us are endurance riders rather than whippets

Are you sure you’ve met Scott? 🙂

GaryLake
    Free Member

Well yes yes, but seeing as he’s suffered badly from injury and overtraining much of the season and he’s been racing this week in Spain, we kind agreed we’d just go and race this one for a laugh, was more my point… 😛

Be ace if we podiumed but don’t see it happening, certainly not with me anyway 😉

Sam

Mixed SS team of four here for the fun of it, should be a nice season finale!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Team of 4 sport men looking at 18 laps for the team

rOcKeTdOg

you missed the oktoberfest, it was last month in Munich

PeteG55
    Free Member

Yep, team of 4, 8 hrs. Looking forward to it. Should be good fun. Target is….. well, not to be last. 😆

rp16v
    Free Member

4 hour solo ss aim….to last the whole thing and try not to hit to many trees this time in it for the fun of it.

clubber
    Free Member

It was lovely and dry this evening 🙂

Dimmadan
    Free Member

It’s supposed to be -1 tomorrow night so bring thermals!

clubber
    Free Member

Yeah, was cold overnight – was thinking that it’ll be chilly for those staying overnight…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

A few pics here if you want a gander:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=559256&id=693755152&l=09e98b41a2

(if anyone was wondering why I wasn’t taking many pics – low batt and I was only really there to snap LVIS riders … as they swept to glory)

Oooh, you got one of me looking fast. Thank you. 😀

13 laps. 4th/8 Veteran or 17th/49 solo male overall.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/53212013

gothandy

http://timelaps.co.uk/assets/uploads/EVENTREPORT.aspx?eventid=144AshtonCourt16/10/2010

Results out … Impressed how quickly those time laps people get the results online.

DaveBro
    Free Member

Graham – recognised you from the ‘vegan cyclist’ kit – how did that bike handle the course / or you handle the 8hours on that bike? i did the solo thing and felt pretty battered at the end riding an anthem – but interested in something like that as an alternative for longer rides – Dave.

rp16v
    Free Member

was a good day wether was good course was good as usual company was great, a better experance than bike fest as the higher end riders were abit more curtious than before all in all happy days 😀

KINGTUT
    Free Member

A great days racing, I’m wrecked today after 11 laps on a single speed, 23rd in solo open male, there were only 4 of us on SS so I’m happy.

how did that bike handle the course / or you handle the 8hours on that bike?

Without letting the whole 29er debate spill over on to yet another thread…

My first ever 12 hour solo race was on a Chameleon at Ashton Court a couple of years ago and was the reason I bought a Blur. The constant jarring from the roots and rocks was more than I could take.
    Two years on and I find a 29er hardtail just right for almost any course. It really does seem to roll over the bumps better.

Despite what other people claim, I don’t find it a hindrance on the single track either. There were some pretty tight twisty bits yesterday. I find that if I turn the ‘bars, the bike goes round the corner. I can’t see what the problem is supposed to be. 😛

I use a steep, short stem to lessen the weight on my hands and I find the Wingflex feature on a Fizik Gobi helps to absorb the odd unexpected seated big hit.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Ok despite everything I said above, me and Scott managed 4th in 8 hr pairs and were snapping on the heels of 3rd all the way through.

Fantastic race!!

gothandy

Despite what other people claim, I don’t find it a hindrance on the single track either. There were some pretty tight twisty bits yesterday. I find that if I turn the ‘bars, the bike goes round the corner. I can’t see what the problem is supposed to be.

First time I raced the course on a 29er and thought I’d be slow around the singletrack by the quarry, quite the opposite … single track sections were a blast. [Edit] Got a 26m 39s lap time in on the 4h PM solo.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Oktoberfest roll call’ is closed to new replies.