Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Ok then….whos had (or got) the most boring job?
  • ransos
    Free Member

I had a summer job working in a packing factory for Umbro. My job was to unpack football shirts from a box, put a label on them, then put them in a different box.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve actually done a few menial cash* in hand type jobs over the last few weeks. There’s something vaguely satisfying just doing a job and submitting a bill for it. Especially when people are prepared to pay £30-£40 an hour to hang whiteboards up in an office.

Would have hated to work there though, sounded like the reason I was there was because everyone turns round and says ‘not in my job description’. So they got me in to move some stuff arround and hang about 10 whiteboards for £300!

*tax has been paid, get off yet high horse

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

The early days of my last job.
    Vehicle Audit.
    Measuring cars to make sure they meet spec.
    How high is the roof on this car. What’s the tolerance. What angle should the rear drivers side door open to. How wide is the panel gap between the bonnet/wings/light cluster/grill…… and so on. I did eventually become team leader. So not all bad. (More money and less measuring, but i had to do all the process stuff instead, nearly as bad) once spent an entire month measuring the same feature on every single car we made at the one plant. About 40 thousand of them.

I was pretty keen on jabbing the gauge so far into my eye it’d hit the back of my skull.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Mental Health Acute Ward – Great
    Mental Health “Rehab” Ward – not so great

Essentially continuing care, cannot motivate them to do anything and most are there though some form of drug induced issue, or a housing issue and have burnt all their bridges, or have an agenda for being there

bearnecessities

I used to pick up resistors with tweezers and put them into plates of 144 rubber grommets, for 12 hours.

I doubt many can beat that for mind-destroying boring.

Obviously for the CV, I was responsible for QC on missile electronic components (True!)

atlaz
    Free Member

I had a summer job working in a packing factory for Umbro. My job was to unpack football shirts from a box, put a label on them, then put them in a different box.

I once had to take over 2000 lettuces out of tesco lettuce bags and put them into M&S bags after a 12 hour shift. Took a team of us about 4 hours. Not an ounce of fun to be had, apart from plotting the manager’s murder. To be honest, though, it focused my mind on my studies.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Punching holes in Pikelets.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Jamba’s researcher and fact checker. Haven’t done anything for months. 😐

badllama
    Free Member

Pulling out a 1/4 of acre of Kale by hand as it had a (diseased and could not be just sprayed or chopped down). 🙄

When I was a trainee gamekeeper every year my boss would pull one of these out of the hat just before his holiday to keep us busy.

2 weeks work done in a week the calluses on my hands lasted 3 years!

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Ok then….whos had (or got) the most boring job?’ is closed to new replies.