ok then, why won't my missus iPhone4 receive picture messages?

Home Forum Chat Forum ok then, why won't my missus iPhone4 receive picture messages?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • ok then, why won't my missus iPhone4 receive picture messages?
  • druidh

Lots of contracts don’t have MMS (mine for example). Can’t you send her an email?

PeterPoddy

Sounds like your phone not working/working differently to me, not hers….

stumpy01

Isn’t there something normally in the settings – some kind of number that needs to be set-up in the phone to allow it to retrieve the picture messages?

Years ago with old skool phones, you had to put in voicemail number/SMS gateway numbers etc etc….is it the same with this? Normally if you ring the service provider they can send you a message that configures the phone or you might even be able to do it yourself via the T-mobile site.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

Sounds like her SIM card settings have not been set up to allow MMS (either it is an old SIM card from a non-MMS phone that never got updated, or it isn’t on her contract, or they just cocked up)

Have you tried using “What’s App” instead. Lets you send pics and videos without paying for MMS.

cynic-al

Call your provider?

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

On the Iphone settings there is an MMS option – set it to “on”

To enable the service provider to allow her to recieve them, she may need to send a Picture message first.

Premier Icon althepal
    Subscriber

Good luck getting through to t-mob customer services!

awesome, plenty to try there.

cheers all

spence

Goto your “my t-mobile” page, click on “my phone” then take the “configure your phone for messaging, internet and email.” option, follow the instructions.

konabunny

On the handful of occasions I have had to send or receive MMS messages, they’ve never worked properly. They’re crap.

Try Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network settings. Then try sending one from herself to herself.

they’re not even dirty ones!
    When I send her a pic of me looking awesome or something all she gets is the message body and a T-mobile link to the pic that doesn’t work. She can send pics out but just can’t get them back. It’s only a month old and physically attached to her hand. I’m only allowed the time in between tweets to fix it. What do I clicky?

TRH

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘ok then, why won't my missus iPhone4 receive picture messages?’ is closed to new replies.