Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ok, so I've got my disks for Microsoft Office from the student cheapy website…
  • jojoA1
    Free Member

There are 3 of them… They don’t say what order to install them, or if indeed I need to install them all. I don’t want to be filling my laptop up with stuff I don’t need.

One says “business contact manager” another says “office communicator” on it and the other seems to be the main bit cos it says “office professional plus” and says on it that it requires the product key.

Help please 🙂

carbon337
    Free Member

The last one – presume you got a product key?

Mr_C
    Free Member

When I got my copy of Windows 7 from them the key was on the back of the plastic envelope the dvd came in.

Stick the “office professional plus” disk in the drive, it should autorun and give you lots of options to define which bits of Office you want to install.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Cool, the product key is on the disk dust cover as you say, Mr C. I’ll stick that one in, light the blue touchpaper and stand well back… 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

That’s the only one you need. If you go through the Custom Installation routine you can also decide which bits you do/don’t want to install (e,g, One Note, Frontpage, Publisher) and within each of those there are also options like clipart.

Cougar

I don’t know how to say this without sounding patronising, and I don’t mean to be, but you’ve answered your own question in the OP. The disk labelled “Office Professional Plus” is the one that has Office on it.

druidh
    Free Member

Cougar – how can I put this subtly….

…the OP is a lady, with tech. You know it’s gonna end in tears.

jojoA1
    Free Member

You see Cougar, it seems obvious to those who know… but why would they send me 3 disks if I only need the one? Why don’t they have a label on it saying “put this one in the bleedin’ computator first”.

We’re not all ‘natural’ computer geeks you know. I’ve had experiences with computer stuff where it seems flippin obvious what to do, but it’s been the wrong thing to do, so wanted to be absolutely sure I wasn’t going about it arse about tit.

Thanks for your help though…. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ok, so I've got my disks for Microsoft Office from the student cheapy website…’ is closed to new replies.