Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Ok , slightly embarrassed to ask but……
  • oysterkite
    Free Member

I’m in the process of a winter hardtail build project (Cotic Solaris Max- cosmic black, gurt lush it is) and because I’m on the spectrum everything needs to be just so…..

Therefore I need grips that are the same shade of orange as ‘Hope’ orange (to match hubs obvs) Any suggestions ?

tomhoward

Black ones. You’ll never match the anodised orange on a rubber material.

russyh
    Free Member

Coloured grips are second only to coloured pedals in the land of bellenddrum. Stick with black, stay classy 😉

DezB
    Free Member

All orange grips are bright orange. I do not believe you will find any to match.

Clicky

Yak

None, so you might as well go for the neon orange supercaz. Eventually it’ll mucky down and match.

andrewh
    Free Member

Black lock-ons with orange collars?
    I had red ones which matched may other red bits, headset, nipples, various bolts, cassette carrier, etc, should be doable

oysterkite
    Free Member

Probably gonna end up grubby orange anyway so I’ll avoid but ‘Black with orange lock ons ‘ I like that idea……so……anyone know of anodized orange lock ons that are a similar orange to hope ?

jonjones262
    Free Member

Get black grips and buy orange Hope end lock on thingies. The colour will match 😁

Onzadog
    Free Member

Could try the rev grips from cyclorise. Pretty sure they do a black grip with orange collars.

DezB
    Free Member

ODI clamps

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What russyh says, finishing kit should not be coloured. Especially all that gopping hope stuff! 🤣

funkmasterp

Can’t beat a bit of Hope purple shiny shine. It’s impossible to look more ridiculous than the person riding it, so go crazy!

Poopscoop

Got to agree with what people have said, coloured grips never match and look nasty anyway.

Matching clamps however are much more subtle and do look nice in my opinion.

welshfarmer

How much do you want to spend 🙂

Revgrips 32.5mm (Medium) Pro Series Grips

Poopscoop

^^ Holy ****! £99!

joebristol

I’m not a massive fan of anodised Hope colour matching stuff all over bikes. Looks like you’ve cycled through their workshop and they’ve thrown everything at it.

But everyone likes different things – so maybe get some orange anodised lock on collars with black grips. I’m not sure if orange rubber grips will just look really grubby in short time.

joemmo
    Free Member

Tried this with some orange RF grips but it looked rubbish so I went back to grey. Hope orange is quite gold-ish anyway and most orange grips are more tangerine coloured. Keep it monochrome.

takisawa2

Orange grips..,ladies will point at you & laugh, loudly.

Go for black with the orange collar things & those very same ladies will plead for your phallus.

Merak

Coloured grips are second only to coloured pedals in the land of bellenddrum

Hey!
    I resemble that remark.

russyh
    Free Member

Jeez Merak, what an immaculate garden! Do you iron and fold your pants too? 😉

Nice looking bike ruined by two rubber dildos stuck on the end of your bars!

Merak

I’m off the spectrum 🙂

Poopscoop

Hey!
    I resemble that remark.

Yes you do! Lol

Mbnut
    Free Member

Is that the Signal? Nice, how you finding it.

First garden not to get torn apart on here I reckon…

Poopscoop

First garden not to get torn apart on here I reckon…

Yep. Total garden ocd, then fits orange grips! Wtaf?!

funkmasterp

Is that grass or a medium pile green carpet?

Merak

🙂

oysterkite
    Free Member

Black lock ons with orange collars it is then ! Sorted

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Ok , slightly embarrassed to ask but……’ is closed to new replies.