Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • ok my last post of the night how the heck do you get the bearings out of a Hope
  • postierich
    Free Member

Strip the hub down and there is play in the freehub body bearings but how do you get them out? Hope vid skips around that bit!!

shortcut

Drift and mallet.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Which hub?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

bucket of very hot water for a few minutes first

postierich
    Free Member

Pro2 I take it they just push out there are no lips seating them in place?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

If a recent one, then there’s a spacer that needs to be moved off centre so you can whack the outer bearing out. It all follows on from there.

#Edit – yes that’s the same for a Pro II

davewalsh
    Free Member

Warm the lockring end up with a hot air gun, then place on bench, push the spacer that sits between the outer bearing and the 2 inner bearings to one side and drift out with a screwdriver. Turn hub over and use the axle to drift out the ones on the opposite side.

Northwind

Hammer. If it doesn’t work, try a bigger hammer. If that doesn’t work, try a less girly man.

_tom_
    Free Member

hammer and a screwdriver.

trail_rat
    Free Member

use a flat ended punch of appropriate size not a screw driver please.

if they are corroded in place youll just ended up with a broken screw driver – unless they are strike through they are not designed to be hit.

Stranga
    Free Member

If your doing the freehub ones there used to be a circlip holding the bottom one in place so remember to remove that before you try to drift it out!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ok my last post of the night how the heck do you get the bearings out of a Hope’ is closed to new replies.