Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Ok let’s try again without the mopeds
  • BigJohn

Escalation innit?  The more heavily armed the police are, the more guns the criminals will carry.

Scapegoat

Tinribz, it’s not my opinion. Have another read.

singletrackmind

Surely they could build a tranquiliser gun which fires a dart instead of a bullet . Works on big game in Africa, so why not in town centers where machette  weilding nut jobs in motorcycle helmets feel thay are above the law.

I dont know, but would a taser work through many layers of outer clothing alot of moped crims seem to wear , also the distance for deployment has to be alot nearer than a dart in a rifle.

Even if you miss , its significantlty less likely to injure / kill a passer by , although everyone ( in the vids online ) retreats to a safe distance anyway. It has to be safer than a bullet doing 9000ft per second and going through and through .

I think the public might be surprised by the number of ARV teams that are / were( pre – cuts) available to the Met , my friend used to crew one , an unmarked Volvo V70 . I cant ask him directly anymore unfortunaly.

slowoldman

chewkw still getting a stiffy over guns.

squirrelking
    Free Member

<p>I’m for it.</p><p></p><p>Of course I actually read the article and know what it is I’m being asked. The majority don’t seem to have and are answering a question nobody asked.</p>

dissonance

Surely they could build a tranquiliser gun which fires a dart instead of a bullet

Several problems.

Its likely to take some time to take effect (see the snow leopard story recently).

Need to get the dose right. Too much and they are dead too little and see the first problem.

Drugs often need careful treatment eg keeping refrigerated and so on.

Risk of hitting something important.

fotorat
    Free Member

Yes and I consent to arming Dark Justice and Authorising them to execute the kiddy fiddlers in public on camera

Nico
    Free Member

Just to clarify, the story in the telegraph is about allowing already trained firearms officers to deploy on foot patrol with their longarms.

I always thought it was a figure of speech.

Nico
    Free Member

I dont know, but would a taser work through many layers of outer clothing alot of moped crims seem to wear , also the distance for deployment has to be alot nearer than a dart in a rifle.

This variant of the post specifically prohibits mention of mopeds.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m voting for vehicle mounted guns, kills (maybe) two birds with one stone, moped riders (knock off), violent criminals with weapons (shoot).

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Ok let’s try again without the mopeds’ is closed to new replies.