Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • ok its ‘name that business’ time :-)
  • Kamakazie

Made Up

Salon @ insert house number here

Skin Deep

Eye of the beholder

The pun ones are way better 😕

rone

My one tip after 26 years of very middling success … pick a name that spells out what you do.

We went with an arty farty name and it stuck but it irritates the hell out of me now, and crucially doesn’t describe what we do.

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

Pretty good or Pretty-good.

Also as well as describing what you do make sure you can get a www address arc.

James

Cougar

Cliptoemania

You want to be careful that you don’t slip and end up amputating something.  I couldn’t deal with that, I’m lack-toes intolerant.

IHN

Shellacs You, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

lesgrandepotato

Up to the knuckle

Rubber_Buccaneer

Sick Beauty Co

I may have been inspired by some other business that gained itself a load of attention.  Your Mrs any good at social media? 🙂

lesgrandepotato

Fishie Fingers

Nico
    Free Member

My one tip after 26 years of very middling success … pick a name that spells out what you do.

We went with an arty farty name and it stuck but it irritates the hell out of me now, and crucially doesn’t describe what we do.

This.

First of all what is the word or phrase that describes what she does or plans to do. We’ve decided it isn’t “nails” because that’s too limiting. It isn’t “hands” if she is planning to do lashes. So, is it “beauty”? Beauty salons seem to be a thing. I’d go for something boring like Jackie’s Beauty. Or Jackie’s Beauty Treatment.

Otherwise do a Lionel Hutz – “No! More nails”.

lesgrandepotato

Fingers in the back bedroom?

matt_outandabout

I am so glad I wasn’t drinking a coffee when I opened this thread, the screen and keyboard would be dripping by now.

Cougar

Skin Deep.

Salon Chanted Evening.

Last Chance Salon.

The Eye Of The Beholder.

Miss Whiplashes.

If you provide free Internet access: iBrowse.

sadexpunk

First of all what is the word or phrase that describes what she does or plans to do. We’ve decided it isn’t “nails” because that’s too limiting. It isn’t “hands” if she is planning to do lashes. So, is it “beauty”? Beauty salons seem to be a thing. I’d go for something boring like Jackie’s Beauty. Or Jackie’s Beauty Treatment.

thats pretty much what ive been thinking and can only come up with ‘salon’ or ‘beauty’ as all-encompassing words.

you really have come up with some crackers tho, really clever.  ill show her this thread when she gets in, see what she thinks to them all.

cheers

drlex
    Free Member

Aim for the Goth market with “Beauty Pallor”?

(liking Cougar’s & PP’s offerings)

rone

Cuti Calls

That’s excellent. I’d be checking if that was on companies house.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09069759

Cutie Calls .. but dissolved.

I like Cuti as opposed to cutie.

bearnecessities

im hoping for something more holistic tho rather than just nails in the title, something that could cover the whole ‘beauty market’

Handjobs and the glad wags.

johndoh
    Free Member

^^^ Cuti Calls sounds like they do nails. Cutie Calls sounds like a prostitute.

lesgrandepotato

Cash in hand operations?

Drac

We do nails, eyebrows, eyelashes and other beauty treatments. Happy endings a speciality.

johndoh
    Free Member

Trying to work out a play on ‘Beauty’ and ‘Be You’ but can’t make it work. A better brain might be able to make it work.

Nico
    Free Member

Black tea one sugar.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Black tea one sugar.

Be You Tea, One Sugar

johndoh
    Free Member

Or Be You, Tea Full, One Sugar.

myti
    Free Member

Be Beautiful

sirromj

Pulchritude4less.

Drac

Booty Full.

leffeboy

Also, just in case it isn’t obvious, check if the name is taken on the web first as well.  I known some folks that were very proud of their very clever marketing team designed name but it was already taken so then they had to use something a bit different on the web (with some words added at the end).  It’s not a disaster but it’s not the best either

(that’s only because my idea of ‘nailed it’ was taken second post 🙁 )

martinhutch

Happy endings a speciality.

Wax On, Whack Off?

johndoh
    Free Member

Following on from my suggestion yesterday – Be You Beauty or Be You Beautiful (which is similar to Myti’s suggestion above).

Drac

Following on from my suggestion yesterday – Be You Beauty or Be You Beautiful (which is similar to Myti’s suggestion above).

myti
    Free Member

One stop beauty shop

flowergirl
    Free Member

What about something along the lines of ‘The Pamper Lounge’ or ‘The Beauty Room’? Spells out what you offer but gives loads of scope as your wife takes different courses to get more skills.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘ok its ‘name that business’ time :-)’ is closed to new replies.