Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Ok i have cancelled Sky, when will the offers come flooding in.
  • blader1611
    Free Member

I decided to try and reduce some costs while Sky have been thinking differently to me so phoned them to cancel to peruse other options. I have tv,phone and broadband with them totalling £54 per month so not cheap but not extortionate. They offered me same deal for £45.75 which i decided was good but not good enough considering i am having to put up with there 10 year old router (they offered me there new “high performance” sky hub router for a mere £80!, it took a while to stop me laughing at that). They said i could have Sky Q for £55 per month and £55 installation,i refused to pay that much for somebody to plug an lmb lead in to a dish and a box.
    My question is when/if they will tempt me with further discounts (i have just cancelled this afternoon)or will i fall in to the 12% of people who get offered nothing. Will i be swamped with emaol offers or post? Anybody being offered sky q deals after cancelling?

Closest guess as to when the first offer is received wins the internet for a day (plus i will stick a donation in to children in need)?

mrjmt
    Free Member

I requested a cancellation just under a month ago, so far have had 40% off for 10 months by email but no phone calls.

Service will end on Thursday, not too concerned as I’ll call them to get it reconnected afterwards if I can’t convince my wife we don’t need sky for the 30 mins of TV we watch.

Only got TV with them, not phone or BB.

vinnyeh

Deals are cyclical- tending to be better at month/quarter end.
    A few weeks back Sky announced that they weren’t going to worry about their churn rate for a while, and the offers dried up….
    My months notice finished a couple of weeks back with nothing more than the 50-60% off for 6 month offers, then about a week after my service ended Sky started a new promotion- I received an email offering 75% off for 12 months, on a one month rolling contract. I also managed to get £50 account credit, which I was well happy with, but looking around I now see that a lot of people managed to get £100 credit on the same offer.
    The email states that the offer finishes Dec 1. Maybe in a few days start contacting them, saying you know people who’ve been offered this discount to stay.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

If you are like me never, like my mate immediately

nemesis
    Free Member

As above it depends. I’m due to end on 12th December and so far just the offer of 60% off via email. I want sky q but not willing to pay 100 quid per screen to set it up. We also have phone and bb with them which we’re not cancelling.

I think we’ll let the contact expire and I suspect we’ll be fine, saving a load of cash. Just hope that the boxes continue to work with freeview.

mboy
    Free Member

Sounds like they’re playing hardball, but they don’t like losing customers so there‘s a good chance you can expect a call from somebody in their customer services team with some new offers soon I’d say!

blader1611
    Free Member

Sorry mboy, point taken. In my defence i was trying to feed 3 kids and my ipad wouldnt show me the cursor so i couldnt go back and correct spelling and grammar.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Sit tight, hold your nerve and let them chase you.
    They’ll be back.

devash
    Free Member

Whatever you do DON’T switch to BT. 👿

supercyril
    Free Member

Keep knocking them back till week 3

blader1611
    Free Member

Yes i read somewhere that week 3 is a popular time for the best discount.

iancity1
    Free Member

Try going into your Sky account, once you cancel there is usually an offer waiting for you. Few months ago the 75% offer was available to people within minutes of them cancelling …

stevio

my colleague, after 3 years @ 50% cancelled; she’s just been offered 60% off after 2 weeks Sky-less… Hold yer nerve

rossco832

I got 60% after a few weeks. Check your “My Sky Account” every couple of weeks and see what they offer

blader1611
    Free Member

Where is the offer in your My Sky account located if/when comes through?

Mister-P
    Free Member

I cancelled my Sky a few months ago as I hardly ever watch TV. I get letters at least every fortnight offering something or other. I’ve started sticking them back in the post with return to sender on plus notes like “I’m sorry but it’s over. I just don’t love you” on them.

wilburt
    Free Member

We never got one and the missus broke under the strain of not being able record corrie and sunday brunch. We
    are back on now albiet at 1/3 of the cost.

blader1611
    Free Member

Well plenty of stories of people receiving an offer within 24 hours but so far nothing for me. I will concede though that as its a weekend that might have some bearing on it so i will check every other day.
    The more i read about peoples exploits the more it fascinates me as to how the companies operate so i am genuinely intrigued to see how this plays out, i think i need to go out riding more!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Ok i have cancelled Sky, when will the offers come flooding in.’ is closed to new replies.