Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • ok hands up who else got wiggos book
  • warton
    Free Member

Good point actually. The good autobiographies are the ones that have shit to spill, and biographies go into the scandals in more detail. For example in wiggos book there’s one sentence about garmin chasing down hincapie in 2009, and that was just to say it happened and it pissed cav off. Where’s the explanation behind it?

Kevevs
    Free Member

He’s at the top of his game now with media/PR/publishing consultants and the like. He’s a national hero. There’s no way he’s going to spout off anything remotely interesting in a bloody book! He’s gold plated! This one’s just an embellished CV I reckon with a bit o faaamily history and some photos and whatnot, It’s a cash in. And why not, good for him.

Give it a few years and I reckon Wiggo is the sort that will mouth off about all the crap that goes on in pro road cycling though. That sort of info is now a bit of a nest egg for him and he’s got the gob and attitude for it..

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

I got it, and the Millar and Kimmage books. Wiggos was fairly bland but thats not all that surprising, thought Millars was fantastic but I really struggled with the Kimmage one as he seems to essentially hate everything about cycling.

lasty
    Free Member

+ 1 fo the David Millar biography..
    Most interesting read since Riaan Manser Around Africa on my bike
    (Not much cycling content but a cracking adventure)

nicko74

Every year I just send out my Amazon wish list and people get me things from that.

I’ve been trying that for a while. I’ve had Millar’s autobiography on there for about 2 years now, and they’ve still not bought it for me.

I flicked through the Wiggins one (I was given it for Chrimbles) and it does seem the usual ghost-written “this happened, and then that happened, and then I called her Susan, and we all lived happily ever after, the end”.

andyrm
    Free Member

I’ve just finished reading it last night – really enjoyed it.

But then I’m not one for gossip etc, for me it was just an interesting and pretty inspiring read about a fella who has worked bl**dy hard to get where he is, and that’s what I would rather see than some retrospective bean spilling.

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘ok hands up who else got wiggos book’ is closed to new replies.