Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Oil stains on block paving, whats best to get rid..
  • Wheyayeman
    Free Member

Got a few oils stains on my drive (block paving) can anyone recommend anything to get them off!, have seen this: Gunk Driveway Cleaner, any good?

Liftman

Jizer

Harry_the_Spider

Fairly liquid.
    Stiff brush.
    Hose pipe.

20 odd years ago the drive shaft oil seal on my car let go and ruined my mum and dad’s drive. The above combination saved me.

juanking
    project
    Free Member

Swarfega oil and grease remover, from toolstation, band q, screwfix about 9 quidfor 5 litres, and cleans bikes and chains well, biodegradeable and doesnt burn flesh.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Anti freeze some sand and a stiff brush.

Fraz
    Free Member

I’m sure a bottle of full fat proper coke works… Google it

bearnecessities

Yoghurt.

legend
    Free Member

Time and British weather

busydog
    Free Member

I always use cat litter—spread it over the spill, let it sit a while, then sweep up. Get’s most of the oil out of the porous concrete. Worked as good or better than a couple of specific products made to remove oil.

stu170
    Free Member

Gunk is the best

CHB

Neat washing up liquid, cover the full patch and leave overnight….then hose (or in my case just let rain and nature do the work for you).

righog
    Free Member

If I spill some and I am quick enough, I cover it in Coke and it does not stain.

natrix
    Free Member

If you can’t get the stains out just replace the stained blocks. Drill each stained block, insert rawlplug and screw, grip screw with molegrips (or similar) and lift out. Use rubber mallet to bash a replacement block into place. 8)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Oil stains on block paving, whats best to get rid..’ is closed to new replies.