Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Oil leaking from rebound adjuster of Pike RCT3.
  • BillOddie

Has anyone else had this? Know how to solve it easily?

As I was cleaning the dead flies off my bike having arrived in Tignes, I have just found oil leaking out of the bottom of my Pikes on the damper side. Bloody typical.

Not sure if this was happening before but I went over the bike before we came out and didn’t notice anything.

The oil is red/pink if that helps at all?

Cheers

andyl
    Free Member

crush washer leaking?

BillOddie

No idea AndyL, being on holiday I’m not really kitted up to be stripping down forks.

I guess it boils down to if I ride them what might happen…

nuke

I guess it boils down to if I ride them what might happen…

Depends how long theyve been leaking and therefore how much oil you’ve lost. Oil in the lowers is red/pink and is there to lubricate the bushings as the stanchions move…if you’ve lost all your oil then dry bushings aint going to be great for your stanchions. As per AndyL, leaking or loose crush washer likely to blame…have you got the tools to check lower nut is tight? Dropping the lowers and checking is not difficult and requires minimal tools even on hols (Plenty of vids like this one… https://youtu.be/zBGKEprUi1c )

BillOddie

Checked the lower nut is tight, I could do it up a bit more without putting huge amounts of force though it.

If that’s sorted it – great.

If it hasn’t – I’ll worry about when I get home.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Saw one a few months back where the rebound piston had unscrewed off the rebound rod and all the damper oil came out of the rebound adjuster….

Tracey

Mine went exactly the same the day we arrived in Verbier last year for a month in the Alps. Forks were two months old. Rang UK importers to see where I could get them fixed and they told me to get them sent to them when I got home. They were no help at all as to where I could get them fixed in the Alps. The internals had failed and it cost me £210 to get them repaired in Martiny. World wide warranty in the Alps is next to useless

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Oil leaking from rebound adjuster of Pike RCT3.’ is closed to new replies.