Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 169 total)
  • Oi! Binners! What have you started…!
  • Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider

Slightly off topic… Bimsy, I’ll phone the pub right now to order the post BMX pies for next Monday.

Carry on.

Premier Icon Cougar

Fidel Gastro?

Thanks for that. Is there a term for a keyboard which is full of tea?

Premier Icon perchypanther
    Free Member

Teaboard? 🙂

Although, having said that, it might not actually be tea. You’d need to get it checked and verified by the STW food police.

Milk? Sugar? What sort of receptacle was it in ? Were the leaves hand picked on the north facing slopes above 800 feet elevation by certified virgins ?

Premier Icon binners

Fidel Gastro?

Premier Icon Pigface
    Free Member

Fidel Gastro very good 😆

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider

Phoned the pub and the landlord said without any prompting “Right then, I’ll get the pies in.”

He knows us too well.

Premier Icon binners

Our reputation goes before us. Crisis averted! 😀

Free Member

*phones pub and instructs landlord to serve pies with pastry lids only* 😈

Free Member

Vive la Resistance! Mwaaaaahhhaaaahhhaaaa!

Premier Icon failedengineer

Just to go back a few steps, surely ‘Cottage’, ‘Shepherds’ and ‘Fish’ are worthy of honorary pie status? They have been around as pies for much longer than the casserole with hat phenomenon.

Premier Icon jamj1974

Someone earlier ruined the idea of pie. They mentioned serving pie with ‘butter beans’! Butter beans for crissakes!

Butter beans have their place – but that place is nowhere near an honest pie.

Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Free Member

‘Tis better to have a pie with a proper (shortcrust pastry) lid than a pie with a soggy bottom.

The look of wonder and delight on my hubby’s face when the chippy in Hawes brought out his meat pie, chips, gravy and baked beans*, to see that it was home made and not just a ‘Hollands’ style, will stay in my memory for many years.

* it should be peas with a pie lad not beans.

to see that it was home made and not just a ‘Hollands’ style

Careful, you were one step away from Artisan there and you know what that means…

Premier Icon neilwheel
    Free Member

Known as arseless pies in this house.

Premier Icon Cougar

If it’s a supermarket meat pie, that’s probably inaccurate.

Premier Icon binners

I’m about to have steak pie, chips, peas and gravy.

A proper pie! Encased in pastry 🙂

Happy British pie week you lot!

Premier Icon Cougar

I wonder if you could combine that into a pie in it’s own right, like DrP/J(?) did with his breakfast pie? Pastry case, your meatiness, chips on top, mushy peas on that, drown the lot in gravy and then whack the lid on.

Steak pie, chips, peas and gravy pie!

Make it happen.

Premier Icon bearnecessities

Can someone make that happen please?

EDIT: Spooky same-words-endorsement-post.

It is almost as if giving you a set of stepladders has established some sort of telepathic link.

…and you can stop doing that or you will crack a rib.

*puts down sexladders*

Premier Icon Cougar

Free Member

sexladders

😯

Presumably that’s what you need to get it up?

Premier Icon Cougar

Something else has just occurred to me.

I think you’ll find that YOU are the southerner in this particular debate.

I believe we need to apply an Inverse Square Law here.

Your authority to pass judgement on pies is inversely proportional to the square of the number of miles you are from Wigan. So if you’re in the Shetland Islands you can sod right off, and if you’re in Cornwall then come back with a pastie.

It’s kinda related to ?.r^2, the formula for calculating the area of a pie crust.

Free Member

Pi r not squared.
    Pi r round.
    Steak Bake r squared

Premier Icon bikebouy
    Free Member

Too bloody confusing all this to-ing and fro-ing with “what is & what isn’t/doesn’t” constitute a Pie, even geographical location and ladders have entered the conversation.

I had Thai Pie

Premier Icon MrOvershoot

Chicken & gravy pie with peppered & buttered sprouts the bit missing was the wife’s.

Oh & 23 miles from Wigan

That’s a confusing pie. I want to mock it, but not as much as I want to try it.

Premier Icon Cougar

Your wife’s bits are missing from the pie?

Premier Icon mucker

Here’s a sucker punch from north of the border, Tunnocks (of the famous Caramel Wafers, Teacakes etc.) also do steak pies, beautiful meat fully encased in shortcrust pastry but only available from the Tunnocks shop on the Main St. in Uddingston. You cannot even begin to imagine how good they are. Haha.

Premier Icon funkrodent

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    More people with reserved seats on The Sun Ship.

• Customer Service “Advisors” that have to read from a script.
    • “Facilitators”, whatever they are.
    • Anyone who says “Colleague Announcement” or “Partner Announcement” over a public address system.
    • Companies with a recorded message that states “Your business is important to us, please hold”. If it was that important you would have enough people to answer the phone.

Off you go. Pack your Factor 50

Seems a bit harsh to include Macauley Culkin on the passenger list for the sunbound space missile. Whilst his crimes are indeed many and varied, I’m pretty sure he isn’t guilty of any of the misdemeanours listed and I’ve yet to see him express any concrete opinions on the whole pie question..

Premier Icon MrOvershoot

bearnecessities – Member

That’s a confusing pie. I want to mock it, but not as much as I want to try it.

No it was just badly described by me!
    Its a Chicken & gravy pie. The sprouts are just added in the space where my wife’s portion was, not her bits Cougar 😮

Premier Icon sbob
    Free Member

Simple steak and Guinness pie for me tonight, and by pie I obviously mean entirely encased in short crust pastry.
    I had it with chips, for dipping in the extra gravy. Chips that were delivered as potatoes this morning, not tipped out of a bag from the freezer.

I’m Southern, but I think I’ve got this right.

Premier Icon Lionheart
    Free Member

Currently in Qatar (no pies for a hundreds of miles) – thank you boys for reminding me of home! And a thread full of smiles and laughs..

Premier Icon Bregante

I’ve yet to see him express any concrete opinions on the whole pie question..

funkrodent – no offence but it’s attitudes like yours that encourage the dim witted to continue along their path of crimes against bakery products.

There is no “whole pie question”.

Pastry lid AND case = Pie.

Anything else = inferior foodstuffs.

Mmmm. Whole Pie…

Oh and for the record – binners picture of the ” pie with the sides missing” is I believe a section which has been hewn from larger pie which WILL of course have had a pastry case…… Because it’s a pie.

Seems a bit harsh to include Macauley Culkin on the passenger list for the sunbound space missile.

He asked Father Christmas for a “Gravel Bike”. He got a one way trip into the heart of our nearest star.

Can we add people who use the term Life Hack to the guest list on the SunShip™? They can sit next to those who are confused about the meaning of pie.

Premier Icon colp

Looks like Binners has written in to Viz

Link

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Oi! Binners! What have you started…!’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.