Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Ohlins coil enduro fork
  • Dilwyn
    Free Member

Yes – Molgrips.

sharkattack

Yes, I stand corrected. I’m very glad to be proven wrong!

It looks amazing. Absolutely evil.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I’ve recently fitted warranty replacement (great service Windwave, thank you) Marzocchi NCR 350 Ti forks which are the 2017 model. Black with black stanchions. They are very very nice; so much better than the 2015 ones they replaced.

Very plush with the mid travel support malarkey that goes with coil. Don’t know if this is Fox’s influence but they certainly haven’t gone down market with Marx this year.

sharkattack

woodster

That is stunning1 I even like that they specced GX rather than something fancy.

28T chainring is a little weedy though!

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes – Molgrips.

I know it!

kelvin

Not Little Dilwyn?

Dilwyn
    Free Member

kelvin – Member
    Not Little Dilwyn?
    No, not little Dilwyn. Although it’s not far away.

Goldigger
    Free Member

So they are bringing back coil forks… won’t be long until they bring back 26″ wheels. 😀

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

No it’s precisely because the 26 inch crowd are catching onto bigger wheels that coils are being brought along…..

Old habits die hard etc.

tomaso
    Free Member

Best coil forks I had were with air preloaded… Marzocchi Rc44Ti little slayers they were <misty eyes..>

jmatlock
    Free Member

I just want Ohlins to release a proper 650b fork. My BFe deserves one.

tomaso
    Free Member

nach – The only forks we need are pitchforks

You mean Bombers!

mindmap3
    Free Member

This was the greatest fork of all time.

Hell yes. The original Bombers were amazing things; piece of cake to work on and they just work.

I really hope coil forks make a come back; air springs have got better but nothing beats a good set of coil forks for me. My old 888 RC2X would flutter over stuff as you pushed back up! Yes all that oil was heavy but old forks never had issues with worn stanchions. Ditch all of the lock out gubbins to save weight. I’d happily have a slightly heavier fork tha feels nicer and has better lubrication.

My concern with Ohlins forks is that they run very little oil (according to the chap at TF that I was chatting to). There’s not much to keep things lubed.

nosedive
    Free Member

Im running a 180mm van 36 open bath coil on my enduro. Its a bit of a lump but works so much better than all of the air forks I have tried. Now I want a new Enduro with yellow springs on it thanks to this thread

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Ohlins coil enduro fork’ is closed to new replies.