Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Ohhh how I hate Parcel Farce
  • flatfish
    Free Member

Ordered a new bike for my sons birthday from Leisure Lakes last wednesday, they duly dispatched it on Thursday from their Cheltenham branch on EXPRESS 24 service.

Why was i so stupid to think that Parcel Farce could deliver it on Friday.
    I called LL and they gave me the consignment # and I called PF, Monday,

PF> Sorry sir, we can arrange delivery for another day.

Me> NO, I ordered it last week to arrive on friday, it was dispatched
    on thursday from cheltenham using the express 24 option that you
    supply. It’s now almost 96 hours. Thats not 24, is it now?

PF> Can i get the driver to call you to arrange re-delivery?

Me> Will it be today?

PF> Don’t know.

That annoyed me, customer service obviously isn’t taught at the PF school of inept delivery.

Then I get an email from cust. serv.

Driver can’t find you can you give us more details and I’ll arrange re-delivery for Tuesday.

Directions sent.
    It’s not that hard to find our house, every other delivery driver can find us AND i’ve had to tell PF twice in the last 3 months where we are.

So i’m waiting in for a THIRD day to accept delivery and i’ve just received this email,

Hi

I am afraid it is too late to be delivered today(tuesday) as I have only just received this email but I will make sure it goes out for delivery tomorrow.

I COULD’VE WALKED TO CHELTENHAM AND BACK FROM BRISTOL IN THE TIME THEY’RE GOING TO GET THEIR ARSE INTO GEAR AND DELIVER THE SODDING BIKE. 👿

It’ll be 144 hours before my EXPRESS 24 parcel gets here.

They really do make my piss boil!

joao3v16
    Free Member

If you can be bothered, you could claim 50% of the Parcelforce costs back due to late delivery…

link

aP
    Free Member

Wait until RM has been sold to Deutsche Post, asset stripped (further) and all the services subcontracted to other companies. You’ll never get any post, and if you need to pick up a parcel it’ll be at a depot 40 or 50 miles away.

hels
    Free Member

Next time buy locally – your LBS is open 8 hours a day, and at weekends.

flatfish
    Free Member

Next time buy locally – your LBS is open 8 hours a day, and at weekends.

I would’ve bought locally but nobody in Bristol had the bike I wanted in stock and the supplier is waiting on stock anyway so had to use the t’interweb and find somebody with one on the shelf.
    Thank you anyway for your kind, helpful words of advice.

kaesae
    Free Member

They are a complete pain, my regular driver, puts my deliveries on the floor and makes me pick them up, I don’t really mind if it’s a big item or if it’s heavy, but if you’re having trainers delivered it’s just plain stupid!

The second last time he came, I asked if the box was heavy, he said na, the last time he came and did it, I signed for the package bent down and picked up my box from the floor and left his pen on the floor, his face is a truly superb memory.

Then I told him to have a nice day and slammed the door in his face! 😀

Truth be tolds his attitude stinks and he’s done a lot of stuff just to nip my tits, including bouncing boxes about my stair and ripping the address of a box because he new it had to be delivered quickly.

Good luck getting your stuff, you’ll need it! 😯

Cougar

Back when I was a kid, some of the other kids used to play a game where they knocked on doors and ran away. I’m convinced that they all grew up to be Parcel Force drivers.

kaesae
    Free Member

Most of my delivery drivers are cool, I have bottles of water and other stuff at the door for them, but some of them are just ass hats and I get sick of it after a while!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Back when I was a kid, some of the other kids used to play a game where they knocked on doors and ran away. I’m convinced that they all grew up to be Parcel Force drivers.

Except the ones that became PF delivery drivers waited till you went out before they knocked on your door and ran away…

deluded
    Free Member

Taylor,

YouTube Lee Evans Parcel Force Sketch. Bit sweary to put on a direct link. Forward it to 1:30!

stuboy2uk
    Free Member

they’re cheap for a reason…..

postierich
    Free Member

left his pen on the floor, his face is a truly superb memory.
    Your so full of bullshit Kaesae for one they all use PDA,s and the pen is attached to the PDA,s
    Wait until RM has been sold to Deutsche Post, asset stripped (further) and all the services subcontracted to other companies.
    TNT are the front runners!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Your so full of bullshit Kaesae for one they all use PDA,s and the pen is attached to the PDA,s

So you have never taken delivery of something and signed the PDA using the blunt end of a biro because the attached ‘pen’ was lost long ago?

rocketman
    Free Member

Just my 2p but IME The Force Of Parcels have always been pretty good. They’ve left wheels and forks with the neighbours when I was out and delivered 48 hr parcels on time – sometimes 47 hours and 55 minutes after posting but hey it still counts.

No help to the OP of course just redressing the balance

aP
    Free Member

TNT? bugger – I prefer the jaunty yellow of Deutsche Post and the postal horn rather than the mildly vibrant orangey goodness of TNT although that is still much, much better than the dirtyshitchocolatebrown of UPS.

convert

I know it’s all different companies these days but went into local post office this morning to get a form to be greeted at the door by one of the poor ladies that normally works there looking incredibly uncomfortable dressed in possibly the daftest fancy dress (inc v v short skirt – shudder) – can only assume it was meant to be a swiss alpine goat girl aka a late middle adged version of Heidi. Her task for the day was to stop everyone coming in and ask what their travel plans for the rest of the year were and to make us aware of the post office travel services. She had plenty of time to interrogate us all as the **** queue went out of the door as there was one less behind the desk actually doing proper work. Felt like a new low.

postierich
    Free Member

MF truthfully no always used the correct item in my line of work they are taken out of service untill fixed!
    Kaesae just has a problem with any courier.

Give me dirtyshit chocbrown anyday but not **** orange!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I ordered a bike from LL a few years ago and it was supposed to be delivered by the Friday. The bike was a no show. It was finally delivered on the following Tuesday. I had a chat to the driver who said that he had taken two days holiday, a long weekend and the agency driver had made a complete hash of the run and just parked the van up on Friday with half the deliveries on it.! Oh the joy of it all.

project
    Free Member

Its not the drivers/delivery persons, its the stupid managemnet who try and make the drivers do so nmany drops per day, the traffic on the roads and the finally the customers who sometimes have a bad attitude, no name or number on their house or are just plainly obnoxious.

Without the driver you would have no parcel deliveryu company.

flatfish
    Free Member

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH
    Parcel Farce have excelled today!
    They have found my house, all should be good now?

NO

I hear a van come up the drive, I look out the window to watch the driver get out the van, walk around the van, open the side door, look at the parcel, then climb back in and drive off.
    By the time i’d got my keys to unlock the front door he’d gone.

OUTSTANDING SERVICE.

Rang the depot to complain again, they suggest that maybe he can’t find us. Three times I told the silly bint he’s just been outside my house, how can he say he can’t find us? There’s a house name beside the door. He parked his van within 3 meteres of the front door!
    So they phoned him to turn round and try again.

Van arrives back pronto with a fat, boz eyed gorilla using aggressive tones. When I said I wanted to complain about the service and who do i speak to he just stood there and said “dunno”.

Now I have a bike to build for my son’s third birthday that should have arrived 6 days ago. 👿

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Could have been worse you could have been dealing with shitty link Birmingham depot at Christmas. It was like the blind leading the blind.!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Now I have a bike to build for my son’s third birthday that should have arrived 6 days ago.

Well get off the internet and start building man 🙂

And Happy Birthday smallfish.

flatfish
    Free Member

😥
    To top it all off the bike is damaged.
    I feel like sitting in the corner and rocking back and forth, crying.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

To top it all off the bike is damaged.

In what way.?

flatfish
    Free Member

The steerer tube is bent.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’d be asking for a replacement bike and a partial refund from the supplier, as well as a full refund of the delivery charges.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Ohhh how I hate Parcel Farce’ is closed to new replies.