Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • oh no…not another fixie….!
  • alpin
    Free Member

but its ok. it’s my fixie.

i lost two of the spokecards today due to the snow, but the union jack one is still there. the other said “lebst du noch?” with a picture of a **** off knife dripping in blood.

Olly
    Free Member

Met a guy last weekend, (seemed like a nice chap, no negative connertations…. but)

his brief bike related comment to me was

“oh cool, a single speed mountain bike, I have a fixed gear, it has a leather saddle”

Is a leather saddle a specifically magical thing for (?pretentious?) fixed bike rider types?

thomthumb
    Free Member

put away the spoke cards

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrSmith
    Free Member

your biggest crime is calling it a “fixie”

alpin
    Free Member

mine is a spoon saddle. also stick panniers on it when going into town, very practical.

if not fixie then wot? fixed gear? you don’t sound like much of a cool cat saying fixed gear when ya wheeling around the east end with ya polo stick, does ya? although i’m fricking miles from the east end of london. east end of munich prehaps but it’s not really the same.

ourmaninthenorth

your biggest crime is calling it a “fixie

Agreed. If you’re going to be a fashion victim ( 🙂 ), at least call it a “fixed”.

Oh, and what’s with the weird saddle angle? Saddle a bit high/bars too low?

Phatman
    Free Member

Spoke cards are only cool if you were at the alleycat. It’s like wearing a retro band tour T-shirt from before you were born, fisson mailed!

alpin
    Free Member

i’m telling myself they are a safty feature. the back side of the card acts as a reflector (i kow it doesn’t reflect but it is white and shows up).

postion is fine so far.

MrSmith
    Free Member

a conversion and your cranks look long. have you had pedal strike yet?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

sorry but – GAY ALERT

alpin
    Free Member

no, no pedal strike. try not to ride within 6″ of a curb though.

you’re right, it is a conversion. used to look like this…..

before that it looked like this….

only things i kept were the headset and the bb and cranks. tried it with mary bars but too wide and felt a bit gay.

the bike in the back ground is (was, it got stolded) my mates. ended up looking like this. not brakes, just back pedal brake. it did eventually have a brown brooks and brown leather grips. looked awesome, really clean looking.

WTF
    Free Member

Stoner
    Free Member

MrNutt
    Free Member

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha

markenduro
    Free Member
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘oh no…not another fixie….!’ is closed to new replies.