• This topic has 24 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Oh no! Not another Sick Bicycles Co thread…
  • pimpingimp
    Free Member

Ok, it is another Sick Bike Co thread really.

im building a new bike up, the original plan was to go 29” hardtail as I liked the look of the Dartmoor Primal, I’ve got the 1×10 transmission, brake set, a set of Pikes and some decent enough wheels. But I really have a hankering for a nice steel bike instead and so my focus is turned to the Wulf 4130 by sick. I’ve seen one built up as a 29er and might try that to start, but I’ve not seen many built up.

ive seen a few of you have ordered Sick frames in the other thread but haven’t seen that they’ve been built up. Have any of you got the Wulf 4130 and built it up yet?

Really want to support a British brand and love what these guys are doing so even though I don’t ride a great deal anymore I just have a strong atttraction to them.

Otherwise, any alternatives in the £450 range per frame for a nice slack steel British hardtail?

scottfitz
    Free Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh41ljUnMVv/

https://www.rootsandrain.com/photos/2775305

That’s my mate so for he loves it after a couple of rides and a race.

tomhoward

ive seen a few of you have ordered Sick frames in the other thread but haven’t seen that they’ve been built up. Have any of you got the Wulf 4130 and built it up yet?

They look like bikes*

*actual comment from sick when a mate asked to see a pic of a frame built up.

Wookster

I think thats a lovely looking bike. It’s like a modern looking and Geo’d Cove Hummer.

pimpingimp
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I’ve seen the few that sick have posted on their Instagram but would have thought there might be a bit more in the way of personal reviews by now.

Might just stick with the Dartmoor idea as I can at least sit on one of those at the shop in Gloucester before deciding. And it’s only £230 so if I live with it for a year and then move on to a Wulf then it’s not much lost.

funkmasterp

Pipedream Moxie?

pimpingimp
    Free Member

Thanks Funk, looks a bit rich for me.

catdras
    Free Member

Cotic Bfe is £450, not 27.5″ wheels though.

colournoise

Cotic Bfe is £450, not 27.5″ wheels though.

Will take a 2.6″ tyre though. How close would that get you to 29″ with a 2.2?

legometeorology
    Free Member

Probably not very close TBH… Even a 3.0″ 650b tyre is only about the same diameter as a 2.0″ 29er one

DrP

If you’re looking for a steel 29er hardcore hardtail, I’m about to stick my Chromag Rootdown (size M/L) up for sale…
    I’ve jsut stripped it down (was running super sweet with 140mm pikes) and moved all the stuff across to a new Ti frame..

It’s a lovely bike, fun geometry, suited me perfectly at 5’10”..
    Will include Shimano BB with it, and it has bolt through and QR dropouts (with bolt through axle)..

Can do for £340 posted 🙂

Will upload pics later!

Cheers

DrP

Rorschach
    Free Member

What size are you? I know of a 19″ frame in good condition going for £100.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

@rorscach What frame? Sorry OP if stepping on toes

pimpingimp
    Free Member

Get off my toes you sod!

I’m after a large as i’m 6’ so I guess a 19” would be ideal. What frame are we talking?

pimpingimp
    Free Member

@DrP, have just sent you a PM. I’m interested subject to photos.

Cheers

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Sorry toes ! *backs away*

mrmoofo

Why not go directly to Marino?

pimpingimp
    Free Member

Who is Marino?

mrmoofo

pimpingimp
    Free Member

Oh I see. Might have a play around with some specs and see what I come up with.

Cheers.

mrmoofo

I can’t vouch for the quality etc.  The Swedes over on Steel is Real love them …

Also read what you can via google ..

pimpingimp
    Free Member

Have been reading since you gave me the link! Seems

they do more frame styles than listed on their order form now so we’ll message them and see what’s on offer. Seems ludicrously cheap for what they are, and I now quite like the look of their full sus so might up the budget a bit!

marksnook
    Free Member

Those Marino frames are crazy cheap! Had a look at the ordering, do you specify angles etc after the initial order form? The list of drop down options dh would be the closest for me but does that equate to just slack? A slightly burly all rounder is what I want

pimpingimp
    Free Member

I think you need to talk to him via email or Facebook, because he also does an enduro bike that isn’t on the list so I guess the website isn’t up to date.

DrP
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Oh no! Not another Sick Bicycles Co thread…’ is closed to new replies.