Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Oh my, no, just bloody no……
  • Poopscoop

Check out the third picture down!!

HERE

cloudnine
    Free Member

whitestone
    Free Member

Supposedly GWSs don’t like the taste of humans and most “attacks” are actually mistakes on the shark’s part. Wouldn’t like to put that one to the test myself. Absolutely amazing shots though.

Drac

That’s a pretty big fish.

rene59
    Free Member

It’s got it’s own Twitter account! Must be smarter than your average shark.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Nominative determinism alive and well (for the time being) with the diver.

racefaceec90

awesome pictures 😀

Jamze

That’s beautiful. Wonder if that suit is patterned like that to avoid looking too much like a seal?

Daffy

I’d estimate that she’s a decent bit deeper than the shark in the 3rd photo. She’s below the pectoral fins and is photographing the shark which she wouldn’t be able to do if right next to it.

Everything about those photos is beautiful and she’s a whole lot braver than I am. Great name too.

bigjim

My friends freedive with Ocean Ramsey and Juan and sharks, here is their blog, some amazing photos too https://www.facebook.com/SandyFeetAdventures/

Daffy

Wonder if that suit is patterned like that to avoid looking too much like a seal?

Or just a BIG Avatar fan.

matt_outandabout

We’re going to need a bigger boat…

fossy

Jaws was a tiddler.

bruneep

small person or big shark?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I was going to post a pic of the Jaws 3 3d arm floating, but thought better of it.. 🥴🤮

5lab

Cheers for that. I’m going surfing next week. In Hawaii. That island, in fact..

eddiebaby
    Free Member

That’s beautiful. Wonder if that suit is patterned like that to avoid looking too much like a seal?

If you’re in the water looking up all you see is the silhouette. Colour don’t mean to much to a shark. It’s all in the nose and the ampullae of Lorenzini.

woody2000

shark

Northwind

“bigjim

Subscriber

My friends freedive with Ocean Ramsey”

Could you arrange an introduction?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Ouufffff. I reckon she could leave Dorito crumbs and spill Tizer in my bed and not get kicked out.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Preggers at 50! Well done shark.

stevied
    Free Member

It’s got 4 eyes…
    Jaws

avdave2

It’s got 4 eyes…

All the better to see you with my dear

globalti
    Free Member

The thought process was probably: “Well it hasn’t scoffed me so I might as well take a few liberties and enjoy my 15 minutes of fame….”

regenesis
    Free Member

yumm

regenesis
    Free Member

regenesis
    Free Member

regenesis
    Free Member

1981miked
    Free Member

Great images of the shark. Got to love a great white, got to be my favourite member of the animal fraternity. I would love to swim with them but it’s probably never going to happen.

richmtb

Apparently among shark experts Great White’s are considered among the least aggressive species and have been unfairly demonised due to films like Jaws.

Bull sharks and Tigers are actually much more dangerous.

Unless that is you are a surfer* as your silhouette makes you look like a seal which is the Great Whites favourite food.

*Except for Surf-Mat who killed a Great White with one punch to the nose then strapped it to the roof of his 335d and drove away

mrchrispy

proper lolled at the teeth photoshop picture.

hooli

Nope, nope and no some more. Why would you?

edhornby

some freedivers like the camo patterned ones as they reckon they blend in better which spook the fish less, I’m not convinced. Rich is right, especially bull sharks as they are proper scavengers; it’s usually surfboards and swimmers at dawn or dusk that invoke the attacks rather than freedivers and scuba makes them swim off.

I agree with the pregnancy theory; I seem to remember reading about GWS’ coming to the Mediterranean to pup, maybe the warmer water is the draw for this

I still wouldn’t go in the water with a GWS though!

bigjim

Could you arrange an introduction?

Well I keep meaning to go out and join them for a week or two. I think Ms Ramsey is happily engaged to Juan who takes the photos though 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nope, nope and no some more. Why would you?

Erm, a different angle but yep, yep and yep some more.

Why wouldn’t you 🥴🥳🤠

dannyh
    Free Member

It’s got it’s own Twitter account! Must be smarter than your average shark.

As well as being very good at chess.

CountZero

Bull sharks and Tigers are actually much more dangerous.

Along with oceanic white-tips, they’re pelagic open ocean sharks, part of the requiem shark family, they’re the most aggressive and dangerous to swimmers. Bull sharks, or Brown Whalers, can also tolerate brackish water, so can be found swimming into rivers, which can be a bit disturbing…
    Fantastic photos, though, and that is a bloody big fish!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Oh my, no, just bloody no……’ is closed to new replies.