Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 136 total)
  • Oh look- Union power over nasty selfish greedy company!
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

but I’ve seen enough of the lefty, pitch fork waving, Thatcher haters to know what you mean

Guess what son? You’re gonna see loads more of it the longer this current load of scum are in government. I’d avoid this forum if you don’t like people having views that differ from your own.

Nothing wrong with hating Thatcher at all. In fact, it should be encouraged.

(Checks PA and lighting system, wonders what tunes to play…)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

tonyd – Member

Fairly new Cap’n, but I’ve seen enough ……… to know what you mean

And you’ve only been here just over a year ? ………..you don’t miss much do you ?

Still, welcome aboard……Flashheart could do with the company – it must awfully lonely for him sometimes.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Jolly good.

Easy for you to make glib comments, but not so easy for you to actually answer questions asked of you, eh?

EH?

So be quiet then.

duckman

Just so you know tonyd, the one on the left is Elfin,he is smiling cos he is peeing in Ernie’s pocket.(something he has obviously has NO previous for.) 🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah, pictures, is it? Goody!

Why is it the Tory Boys can never come up with owt more imaginative than a fictional character off the telly?

molgrips
    Free Member

and who can fight for better pay and conditions?

Hmm.. Unions should only fight for FAIR pay and conditions imo.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What if ‘Fair’ = ‘Better’ or ‘Better’ = ‘Fair’ though?

molgrips
    Free Member

Then that is fair enough 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

WTF Elfie ? 😕

I thought this geezer was waiting at the Gates of Hell for her ?

She’s such tart 😐

tonyd

Well unless you are a member of RMT, that’s not really an issue for you.
    In fact, it’s got **** all to do with you…….. it’s not your money.

Nothing wrong with voicing an opinion as far as I can tell. There seems to be an awful lot of that on here.

Guess what son? You’re gonna see loads more of it the longer this current load of scum are in government. I’d avoid this forum if you don’t like people having views that differ from your own.

I’m the one who has a problem with people having differing opinions to mine? I didn’t get halfway down the first page before I stopped reading, too much groupthink for my liking. I thought Flash was joking when he said frothing at the mouth, but if a tongue in cheek comment like mine gets a reaction like yours then this thread certainly isn’t the place for me.

As for leaving the forum, I enjoy it mostly so I’ll stay if that’s OK? Dad.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I dare say a whole plethora of nasty bastards will be waiting for Thatchler in Hades.

It will be good when she does pop though; imagine how happy millions of people in Britain will be? I think a National Holiday should be declared to celebrate her passing, with free milk for all children….

this thread certainly isn’t the place for me

Bye then.

molgrips
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with voicing an opinion as far as I can tell. There seems to be an awful lot of that on here.

It is a forum, so that’s kind of the point 🙂

It will be good when she does pop though

Come on – gloating over people dying is poor show. Have a heart.

Junkyard
    Free Member

That ths spirit of stw saying nothin gin particualr but wind up your opponents it is the stw way often amusing mainly frustrating
    Flashy is as onesided and skewed as some on the left
    ps which is it

Nothing wrong with voicing an opinion as far as I can tell.

[quote]I’m the one who has a problem with people having differing opinions to mine?[/quote]
    ou managed to pn;y sperate those with a quote most people wait a few posts to contradict themselves …you now deny this and go all ad hominem on me obviously

Northwind

Northwind’s summary:
    Disasterous chief executive expects staff to pay the price of his failures, and attempts to distract attention from his own mismanagement by being “tough on unions”. Fails at both.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Come on – gloating over people dying is poor show. Have a heart.

No.

Why?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

tonyd – Member

Go on then………voice your opinion.

Explain exactly why you think Bob Crow is hypocrite……I would be fascinated to know.

Is it because he doesn’t think RMT members should be on a very good wage, whilst he himself receives an excellent one ?

And whilst you’re at it, you could perhaps explain why you think taking a quote from the Daily Mail concerning the salary of trade unionists, Bob Crow in particular, is such a good idea ?

Is the Daily Mail a reliable source of information on such matters ? Do you read the Daily Mail a lot to keep yourself informed ?

I’m all ears.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1302316/Bob-Crows-12-pay-increase-RMTs-militant-leader-pockets-10k.html

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Thatcher deserves no sympathy for the number of people whos lives she deliberately wrecked. The damage to this country directly attributable to her is still evident and may never be repaired. ” if its not hurting its not working” “Mass unemployment a price worth paying”

However she has dementia and is slowly dying from it. no worse punishment is available

tonyd

OK, couldn’t resist it.

ou managed to pn;y sperate those with a quote most people wait a few posts to contradict themselves …you now deny this and go all ad hominem on me obviously

I can see that grammar isn’t your strongest point, but did you see the question mark at the end of the second line you quoted? I’m not sure how I contradicted myself there, no doubt you can point it out once I’ve flounced off.

Bye then.

Nighty night.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Can someone with a brain explain how this is a victory for u-shite?

And Fred, the caveat above excludes you.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wunundred! 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

…….once I’ve flounced off.

So you’re going then ? After I asked your opinion concerning Bob Crow because you said you were entitled to it ?

I will never find out why you think Bob Crow is a “hypocrite” ?

You big tease you 😐

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Wunundred!

Typical Leftie scum, stealing the 100 post.

😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

stealing the 100 post.

Most of our hard labour went into this thread Flashheart……..we’re entitled to it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I can see that grammar isn’t your strongest point

It could be if i tried. However I am quite lazy and it seems to annoy some anal folk on here and gives those with weak arguments a cheap shot

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

And just to return to the point of the post – unless I’m mistaken, the removal of free flights for staff was for those who took part in the strike and was not a general removal of the perk for all staff. It was their “punishment” for going on strike.

Trouble will usually follow when you get two opposing people trying to take a hard line and at the end of the day neither side has come out of it looking very good. Nice quick win for the new CEO though.

aracer
    Free Member

Most of our hard labour went into this thread

Yeah, but if it hadn’t been for Willie Walsh and all the BA shareholders you wouldn’t have had a thread.

duckman

Elfin who are you calling a Tory? Thats a bit strong,we don’t do them up here.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

@ aracer, nice one 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

No answer as ever, he know’s he’s beat.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Someone tell that annoying bloke who glues spoons to bike frames that I really can’t be bothered responding to him so he’s wasting his time trying to get a rise out of me. Ta.

duckman; I’m calling you a Tory. What of it? Eh? 😈

Junkyard
    Free Member

well you seem so open to persuassion on this one with that question i cant believe no one has tried yet after all it is just al asking a genuine non leading neutral question as he is confused.
    Personally I think they are just scared of you

Northwind

cynic-al – Member

I wonder, could you phrase the question in a way that makes any sense? It’d be a good start.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    cynic-al – Member
    I wonder, could you phrase the question in a way that makes any sense? It’d be a good start.

OK, for teh hard of thinking:

Can someone with a brain explain how this is a victory for unite[s]-shite[/s]?

That wasn’t hard was it?

BTW 17″ Ti mmbop on ebay ATM.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Can someone with a brain explain how this is a victory for unite-shite?

Yeah I can

duckman

Who keeps voting them in Fred? It’s that England place, anything you want to confess to?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Weren’t me mate.

anything you want to confess to?

I’ve done nothing wrong. 😐

Northwind

Aye, watching that one, it’s someone on here that’s selling it… Cheers though!

Is it a victory for Unite? Well, yes, on several levels. The most obvious one is that even if you agree the wage settlement’s a fairly neutral one (due to lost wages during the strike), that’s a victory in itself.

They resisted the idiot Walsh for long enough for him to get a golden farewell and take himself elsewhere, which is a victory- damage limitation’s all you can do with a man like that and damage limitation done succesfully is a victory.

They also get arbitration for those who’ve been sacked, which in all honesty shouldn’t be considered a victory since it’s simply what should have happened in the first place without any need for union intervention, but it’s still an achievement since it was previously refused.

And most of all they get a working relationship back with the company.

It’s also a victory for BA of course- some people seem to struggle with that though, victory for the union doesn’t have to be a loss for the company. Of course it’s not a total onesided thing, BA are still getting a lot of what they wanted (most of which made sense in the first place, and could possibly have been achieved by negotiation)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cheers.

It’s also a victory for BA of course

That was kind of my point…shame that poor little Fred is not able to concede it tho.

Junkyard
    Free Member

That was kind of my point.

you made it very badly indeed …..when I want to make a point I generally make that point
    surely it was also a victory for BA management ?
    for example

jca

Ermm….TJ…do you actually know what the dispute was about?

The dispute originated because BA imposed a reduction on the cabin crew complement on certain routes. They did this since the union refused to negotiate (there is even a video of the vote with people shouting ‘no negotiation’ on you tube should you wish to find it). Since they wouldn’t negotiate, BA imposed the change. Unite subsequently called a strike over the issue. Note that the reduction in crew complement still means they have more cabin crew than the vast majority of airlines. Numerous court cases which went against the union who claimed the change was contractual, whereas BA claimed it was non-contractual. Unite lost….badly, mainly sine the judge ruled that since the union would not negotiate then BA had no choice but to impose the changes – the judgments are online if you look for them.

Outcome of this deal? BAs imposed change in crew complement stands. They also have many crew moved over to new (cheaper) contracts which would never have met union agreement, but since the union weren’t negotiating, they happened anyway. Staff have a pay rise which will still give them a net loss taking into account the strike period (if they were in the minority who actually went on strike).

I’m not anti-union, by any stretch, but this lot stuffed it up big time in representing their members. BA were offering better deals than the one just agreed about two years ago, which were rejected by the union since they didn’t want to play. Since the dismissals/removal of travel perks were all a side-effect of those strikes, BA got what they wanted. The union members are worse off than they were. And BA lost a shed-load of cash. How have the union helped anyone here?

Northwind – Walsh’s ‘golden farewell’ – he has moved from running BA to running the new company which has come out of the BA-Iberia merger. That is not exactly ‘taking himself elsewhere’. He still runs the ship. It’s just that it got bigger…

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Oh look- Union power over nasty selfish greedy company!’ is closed to new replies.