Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Oh look it's raining again
  • Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

Gardens a bog,
    Trails are littered with downed trees due to the water logged ground and the high winds
    Dogs getting pissed off having to be hosed down after every walk
    Roads are flooded and covered in crap washed off the fields.
    And next weekend there’s going to be another wet one with a minimum of 20-30mm of rain.
    Rant over

toby1

I took waterproof and overshoes in today because if this ‘rain’ it’s been dry as a bone all day, weird!

Muke
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/n-2N9qIvgus[/video]

cloudnine
    Free Member

We do live on a small island surrounded by large oceans and have a warm winter climate considering our latitude. Predominant winds blow off the Atlantic. You’d have thought we’d be used to such varied and inclement weather by now. Hopefully we’ll have a prolonged cold spring and another blistering hot summer like last year.

fenred
    Free Member

S’rubbish eh?! Only two mtb rides so far this year for me 👿
    …road bike and turbo trainer IS the (my) solution!

jekkyl

Yeah we’re used to weather, but still dislike it. I’m with you Op, haven’t been out on 2 wheels since last Wednesday. Seems strange to spend an evening in with my wife.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’m astonished how much water the soil has absorbed recently; though If I were to tread on my sodden veg plot in a vain attempt to weed it I’m sure that a spring would erupt wherever I trod. How much more can it take? This is bound to have an adverse effect on arable farmers.

toby1

The ground round here is like quicksand, stand in my lawn for 10 minutes and you’ll have sunk up to your knees!

derekfish
    Free Member

Haven’t been out on my bike for any distance for a couple of months, it’s a quagmire, tried that Road biking, hated it, it’s just an accident waiting to happen if the cars don’t get you the pot holes will, I have never been so depressed in a winter SAD syndrome squared exponentially spoke to someone else on the phone today actually considering topping himself (he has other issues) very difficult to be upbeat for him..

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

At least you don’t live anywhere the Somerset Levels, it could be a lot worse for you. :wink

wrightyson
    Free Member

Not ridden the local trails since 1st week in jan. it’s really helping my fatuary paunch tho.
    I’ve spent the last two days trying to put a fence up on a 30 degree slope in 4 inches of topsoil/mud. It’s been a joy I tell you 👿

oldboy
    Free Member

I live on a hill so flood warnings don’t bother me. It’s the gale force winds that cause me sleepless nights. Each to their own, I guess!

fenred
    Free Member

@derekfish, I hear ya, get yourself an indoor trainer, keeps the legs spinning and the ‘dolphins pumping! 😉

rocketman
    Free Member

Usually take a 3 or 4 week sabbatical around this time of year I simply cba with all the faff that goes with winter mtbing.

jam-bo

It’s winter.

Been a great couple of months for kayaking.

derekfish
    Free Member

Oh joy wettest period in South East since records began and still it rained all last night and only now call me dave thinks of the army for those poor buggers on Somerset levels

grum
    Free Member

Whatever happened to the snowmageddon we were promised by the Daily Express? I can’t believe they got it so wrong.

jam-bo

it melted before it hit the ground….

mrblobby
    Free Member

hear ya, get yourself an indoor trainer, keeps the legs spinning and the ‘dolphins pumping!

Been using a big SAD light in front of the turbo this winter, I think it does actually help a bit.

Somerset Levels

It does seem bad down there. Trying to find somewhere that isn’t waterlogged to walk our dog when visiting the inlaws is a pain. Riding must be awful.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Not ridden this year!
    Cant face it, although sunday’s forecast looks good. Think I’ll just get out for the morning at least!

derekfish
    Free Member

grum – Member
    Whatever happened to the snowmageddon we were promised by the Daily Express? I can’t believe they got it so wrong.

You didn’t think the city boys were publishing ‘selective’ long range weather forecasts to get higher wholesale gas price futures then?

Seemed pretty obvious to me at the time.
    (then I have a daughter who dates a city boy weather analyst and guess what his job entails)

grum
    Free Member

I was being sarcastic but I must admit I hadn’t thought of that angle. Has the Express vet been right about anything?

jam-bo

Has the Express vet been right about anything?

Diana was the messiah?

RoterStern
    Free Member

What is all this rain everyone is talking about?

tenfoot

Still getting out twice a week even in the rain. The trails need to be carefully selected, my bike and gear is in a constant wash/cover in mud cycle, but the alternative of not riding, for me, is worse.

Hate this time of year, and riding my bike, even in this weather, helps immensely.

rusty90
    Free Member

Whatever happened to the snowmageddon we were promised by the Daily Express?

They’re still at it – we’re all going to die, apparently. ’APOCALYPTIC’: Storm Brigid rages towards UK bringing 150MPH KILLER winds, rain and SNOW

derekfish
    Free Member

It is going to be windy, up the west side of the country over the next couple of days, oh and more rain, in case you were wondering.

scotroutes

Quite. I was supposed to be bivvying out tonight but my chosen spot was being covered by drifting snow. I didn’t fancy being buried in my sleep!

grum
    Free Member

They’re still at it – we’re all going to die, apparently. ‘APOCALYPTIC’: Storm Brigid rages towards UK bringing 150MPH KILLER winds, rain and SNOW

Excellent use of capitals there.

jimster01

Whatever happened to the snowmageddon we were promised by the Daily Express? I can’t believe they got it so wrong

Aah, that was my fault, stocked up with rock-salt, spreader, and snow shovel last year at work, haven’t had the hint of a frost since!!!!!!!

Get used to it – Summer’s just round the corner, so we should have plenty more rain to look forward to.

Seems of late, mild winters = washout summers. Still, at least we will get one nice week in April/May just to get our hopes up 😐

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Oh look it's raining again’ is closed to new replies.