Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • OH just got letter from police for running a red light.
  • Poopscoop

Don’t worry, she’s not trying to evade the consequences! So please don’t go full SDW on me.

I feel guilty myself as she was on her way to see me as I can’t leave the house at the moment for “reasons”.

I’ve just logged in and looked at the camera pics and it looks pretty clear cut. She went through a red at a junction.

Best to just put her hands up and say “fair cop guv” I assume?

She’s never had points or anything like this in decades of driving.

footflaps

She’s going down…..

Poopscoop

She wasn’t speeding, we likely to be looking at 3 points and a fine guys?

johnners
    Free Member

Best to just put her hands up and say “fair cop guv” I assume?

They could easily have photoshopped the lights from green to red.

If I were her I’d be fighting it all the way up to the highest court in the land!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Should they not have an image of the car crossing the stop line at red? Don’t get me wrong I’m not suggesting it isn’t a fair cop but that looks like the photo is for a yellow box infringement to me not a red light – which entirely plausibly was green or amber when she crossed the stop line.

Also how did they find her given she’s got no plates?

MikeG

Burn her etc.. 😂

Is that the only photo? All it shows to me is that the light was red sometime after she crossed the white line, its conceivable it was still Amber when she entered the junction.

Edit. Didn’t think it had taken me so long to type that…

zippykona

Cloned plates obviously

Onzadog
    Free Member

We had something similar years ago. The letter from the police insisted that we were legally bound to tell them who was driving.

We’d been running errands that day and had shared the driving as we both suit the same set up in the car so can swap over with no adjustments.

So we told them the two people who could have been driving at that time.

They wrote back and said we had to tell them who it was.

I wrote back and told them that my obligation was to tell them to the best if my knowledge, which we did.

They said, see you in court.

I said okay.

They said they’d changed their mind and the whole thing went away.

tjagain

Yup

No bullshine excuses, no balderdash about “poor me” Just hands up I did it

DavidB
    Free Member

Interested as to what” full South Downs Way” is?

Does that mean we take her car up there and torch it?

martymac

£100 and 3 points if she accepts it.
    Argue it in court and it can go up to 1k.
    However, I’d want to see what colour the light was when she actually crossed the line, not 20 feet further on.
    Whether you want to risk 900 notes on the outcome is up to you and your OH.

nickc

However, I’d want to see what colour the light was when she actually crossed the line, not 20 feet further on.

Pretty much my view as well. IMO* that picture doesn’t show a car running a red, that shows a red light after a car has gone through a junction, indicating that it may have been amber when the car crossed the line.

*IANAL etc etc…

kayak23

scotroutes

I’m just surprised that the “best” photo they can produce shows her some distance past the red light. I’d say that proves nothing.

grum
    Free Member

I want to know more about these “reasons”

Mister-P
    Free Member

I bet she’s a bloody cyclist

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I want to know more about these “reasons”

Did your parents not sign the consent forms for you at school?
    Basically poop has gone full WFH and no longer wears clothes.

the-muffin-man

Pretty much my view as well. IMO* that picture doesn’t show a car running a red, that shows a red light after a car has gone through a junction, indicating that it may have been amber when the car crossed the line.

^^That!

Ask for a photo where she crosses the line and they are on red. Or even twenty feet before the line. Or a time-line of photos. Sorry – i’d fight that.

andrewh
    Free Member

That’s what I got for doing it.
    But as above, what colour was the light when she crossed the line?
    No points for stopping in a yellow hatching thing BTW, just a FPN, chap at work had one in the company van.Guessing your OH isnt stopped there though?

fossy

Just own up. Simple. Results in less ‘fines’.

andrewh
    Free Member

If it had bee red a while that pedestrian on the left would have moved, may have just changed as the picture was taken

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

If it had bee red a while that pedestrian on the left would have moved

Judging from the fact they’re looking at a tablet or something there’s a good chance the pedestrian is still there oblivious to the date let alone lights having changed

slowoldman

Hmm, I think I would be politely asking to see the photo of the car crossing the line.

akeys001

she may well be guilty but that photo does not prove that she crossed the line when the light was red, only that – as has been said – the light was red when she was 20 ish yards beyond the line.

Personally I’d challenge it. That said, lane discipline doesn’t look great so perhaps £100 is fair overall 😉

ta11pau1

Given that the car is 3 car lengths past the line, that’s just over 1 second at 30mph, so the lights would have been at very best on amber for 3-5 seconds before crossing the line (4-6 seconds on amber according to google), IF it was still amber at time of crossing.

What’s the speed limit on that road?

Poopscoop

^^There’s other pics, I’ll put another one up.

Limit there is 30mph, it’s at the bottom of Chatham hill, with junction to Luton Road on left.

Brb.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Can you imagine how much money they’d make every day if they fined £100 a time for poor lane discipline!

ta11pau1

Ooh, the plot thickens.

*grabs popcorn*

ossify

That looks like a Range Rover – thought they were allowed to go through red lights?

In all seriousness though, I’m kinda surprised that most people here are suggesting ways to get out of it and not baying for blood. It’s implied from the OP that there’s no real question if she did go through the light or not, and judging by the picture, either quite fast or after it was clearly red (not just turned).

Also judging by the picture alone, that car’s going straight on a clear road. Why would it be stopped in the yellow box?

scotroutes

Given that the car is 3 car lengths past the line, that’s just over 1 second at 30mph

Assuming she was doing 30mph?

That looks like a Range Rover

It’s a Skoda Yeti

frankconway

You will never see your OH again; full life term without remission for that.
    Car will be sold and proceeds used to help fund the court system.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I got a ‘TS10’ early on in my driving career. Was a fixed penalty and 3 points which I didn’t need to declare to insurance companies and was off my license in 5 years.

Be honest. If its a fair cop then just admit it and crack on. All fighting it for the sake of it does is tie up police and judicial time and resources that can be better spent doing other things and costs the taxpayers more.

ossify

It’s a Skoda Yeti

Oh ok. Can’t plead exemption then 😉

richmtb

hat looks like a Range Rover – thought they were allowed to go through red lights?

Looks like a Skoda

Also judging by the picture alone, that car’s going straight on a clear road. Why would it be stopped in the yellow box?

Its not stopped, you know how photographs work, right?

the-muffin-man

In all seriousness though, I’m kinda surprised that most people here are suggesting ways to get out of it and not baying for blood.

I think we’re arguing for actual proof.

We’ve all been in situations when a light turns just as you’re approaching. And in many cases it’s safer to carry on than do an emergency stop.

Poopscoop

Like I said, looks like it’s best to put her hands up and accept her error, plain and simple?

nealglover
    Free Member

Photo’s don’t move, the car isn’t stopped.

Also, these cows are small, those cows are faaaaar away.

the-muffin-man

^^^And there’s the proof! 🤣🤣

zilog6128

its conceivable it was still Amber when she entered the junction.

IF it was still amber at time of crossing.

you guys know that amber means “stop”, don’t you?

scotroutes

Oof!

Its not stopped, you know how photographs work, right?

The thread was worth it for this

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘OH just got letter from police for running a red light.’ is closed to new replies.