• This topic has 61 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by devs.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Oh ffs it’s snowing again…
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

… in Glasgow and I’m absolutely f**king sick of it. Even the kids don’t play in it anymore as they’re bored of it too. My route to work on the bike has been covered in snow and ice since last Tuesday and since its across a moor I don’t think the temperature has got above 0 in over a week. I’ve had to drive to work again and I’m not happy. I’ve never experieced a period where snow has stayed as long as this, it usually goes in a couple of days.

Look snow it’s time to go, no one likes you any more.

Offroading
    Free Member

Snowing in Edinburgh too – started about 5 am when i was coming back from the airport.

ton

i love snow me.
    hope it is coming south.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh I love, it looks great, but we’ve had it for well over a week now and its stopping me riding to work.

RevWill
    Free Member

Why is it stopping you riding? *confused*

ton

gary, so have we, and i have rode to work every single day.
    mtfu 😆

Gary_M
    Free Member

Because my commute consists of a 10 mile ride over a moor which is covered in snow, solid thick ice and black ice. If I had an urban commute it wouldn’t be a problem. And luckily I don’t ‘have’ to ride to work, it’s an option I choose to take.

RevWill
    Free Member

I’ll let you off then.

Fagus
    Free Member

Prithee kind sirs. What is this snow of which thou speakest? Be it another name for the big round yellow object that shines on us as we speak? Verily it is warm this morn.

Woody
    Free Member

Snowing in Durham.

My dogs like it and I like like it because for the past couple of weeks I haven’t had muddy paws to clean 😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

Miserable git, the snow is great – I’ve been out riding in it a couple of times now, I hope it continues snowing until you can’t leave work just to spite you! Kids round my way are still out building snowmen and having snowfights with the stuff thats still on the ground from the weekend.

bumbly1
    Free Member

Snow in Edinburgh too, bring it on 🙂

ton

snow snow faster ally ally astor
    snow snow faster ally ally astor…….

Gary_M
    Free Member

coffeeking chill out fella. I don’t really think it’ll snow enough for me to get snowed in.

stumpy01

Snow almost gone around Peterboghorror, apart from the massive balls the kids roll up and then leave festering on the grass.

Fell off bike yesterday on a bit of a training jaunt – slipped on a massive patch of ice. I had already negotiated about a mile of ice covered road, but a combination of the road camber and momentary lapse of concentration was all it took. At least you slide on the ice – didn’t even ladder me tights – 😀 – just a bit bobbly now.
    Decided at that point, had it happened on a busy road I would have been squashed, so knocked it on the head and tottered home.

I am ‘looking forward’ to a night ride at Thetford tonight – there were some very slippy sections on Saturday and seeing as it was bloodycold last night, there will be just as many. Supposed to be -4 tonight, so any puddles will be ‘refreshing’!! All good fun though.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Nice sunny day here 🙂

runswithscissors

hiya stumpy01 thought i was the only mtbiker in peterbohorror!! (great misspelling btw)

stumpy01

Piedi, yep sun is out here at the mo too.

And seeing as we have another snow thread, I will take it as an unashamed opportunity to post some pics of my bike, taken in the snow last weekend. Yes, it’s a bit of a state and the poploc remote cable needs shortening, but what can you do…..?

caledonia
    Free Member

Snowing in Fife too.
    Pity – I’m still stuck indoors with a chest infection (all week now!)
    Not been on the bike since December because of it !

Bumbly1 – When did you defect from the other forum ?
    I was on a night ride once with you guys in Beescraigs – seem to remember muffins and tea in your van afterwards

stumpy01

runswithscissors…..yep, just north of the big P, in amongst the Deepings.

It’s damn flat, isn’t it?? I have been trying to work out how to get some hill training in, and struggling.
    I have just left Bannatyne’s gym (nr the BMW & Audi garages) as it was too expensive, so am trying to get on the road a bit more.

Where do you normally ride, then? I go with a group of people from my previous job to Thetford once a week for an evening foray.

The other half hates my abuse of Peterborough, with Peterboghorror. How I laugh…..ha ha…hee hee….uhum……

coffeeking
    Free Member

coffeeking chill out fella. I don’t really think it’ll snow enough for me to get snowed in.

Was just missing my smiley 😉 It’s stopped now anyway and turned to rain. Your fault. Git!

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Yes, I want snow down here too! I’m sick of slipping on my arse on the ice!!

glenh
    Free Member

Snow = shweeet!

My garden has been under snow now for nearly 2 weeks. It’s great.

Although I am quite looking forward to warm sunny summer evenings.

cuckoo
    Free Member

Love the snow as it is the only time i can ride to work and not get wound up by the amount of litter that i see 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

yep i went out the other ‘nite’ and cycled through farm fields full of snow and at one point we had to push our bikes uphill through big ‘snow drifts’ to get to another farm track (that was snow joke !) huge snow drifts…. i frozen by the time i got back home i was so cold.. couldnt feel my fingers ! blue i tell ya !

daveb
    Free Member

Cycled to work yesterday, didnt today as i am working late and couldnt be bothered but cycle into work tomorrow could be fun (Dalkeith to Edinburgh – all road 🙂 )

I am out at the weekend, still wondering where to go, had an excellent snowy Pentlands ride on Saturday, may go there again or go to Innerleithen for some snowy fun.

Drac

Whoop! about an inch here now and still coming. Both kids are off today as my eldest was sick once yesterday and can’t go back until tomorrow so time to get the sledges out.

molgrips
    Free Member

Get some bloomin studded tyres. You can ride over the ice like it’s not there.

aviemoron
    Free Member

Snowing again here in Aviemore – f*ckin luv it. Binned the biking weeks ago and have been skiing every day til my legs collapse. Will be happy to dust bike off in the spring when I’ll have thighs like steel….

miketually
    Free Member

Whoop! about an inch here now and still coming

We’re driving to Edinburgh tomorrow night, along the A1. On Saturday we’re heading further north along the A9, A95 and A940. The webcams on http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/ show the A9 and A95 as still passable, but not so confident about the A940 as I remember it being rather narrow and hilly…

Gordymac
    Free Member

Dumping it down here in Invergordon as well, im getting a bit fed up of it as well, too deep now to cycle anywhere :o(

Gary_M
    Free Member

molgrips they don’t do studded tyres for 700c wheels, not that I can find. And I have considered it.

Woody
    Free Member

aviemoron –

have been skiing every day

I’m not jealous at all

lucky sod :mrgreen:

jammy b@gger :mrgreen:

Drac

Looking on the webcams there’s bog all in Edinburgh. Heading on for 3″ here might be time to tell the Mrs to come home.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’m with the OP on ths one. Snow is rubbish. Just selfish and ignorant. Hanging about, then freezing and making you fall over and bash your hip.

S’all right in Norway and that, but not here.

I say ban it, personally. How much is it costing the taxpayer?

Drac

Hey! Those broken hips keep me in a job.

Woody
    Free Member

might be time to tell the Mrs to come home.

Funnily enough, I was thinking exactly the opposite 😆

bumbly1
    Free Member

Caledonia, didnt defect, just two timing 😉

Drac, this snow is real and in Edinburgh – West End, dont know where the webcams are.

miketually
    Free Member

Coming down quite heavily in Darlington now. Started with those ridiculously big flakes that look like someone’s blowing washing up bubbles off the roof at about 10:00, but really fine flakes now. Only looks like about an inch has laid though.

Drac

Drac, this snow is real and in Edinburgh – West End, dont know where the webcams are.

Sure it is just the webcams make it look like there isn’t.

We get your weather normally about 2 hours after.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Oh ffs it’s snowing again…’ is closed to new replies.