Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 620 total)
  • Oh dear, is Evans next?
  • mccraque

I also got the sports direct now hold my data email and also got this message via a work perk thing:

We know that you have previously purchased an Evans Cycles Instant e-code. Following the recent news about the retailer going into administration, then being purchased by Sports Direct, Evans Cycles have suspended the acceptance of instant e-codes and the sale of new instant e-codes.

Thank god I spent that quickly!

am still waiting to see  if my voucher was accepted as part payment for an Exposure light, which is out of stock and for which I am still waiting. 3 days post order, the change of owner and decision that the vouchers were no longer valid.

Customer Services have said that they are expecting the lights in stock next week, and that my order should be honoured. But would they tell me otherwise!?

Watch this space….

wwaswas

Evans to begin accepting gift cards again (from 16th)

https://www.evanscycles.com/help/gift-cards-and-vouchers

Holyzeus
    Free Member

So he’s failed to reach agreement with Intu landlords over four House of Frazer stores which he’ll now close

Doesn’t look good for my local Evans at Lakeside then

lister

It ‘seems’ that the Tesco clubcard offer is up and running again. In time for Christmas!

How much faith should I have in it working and being honoured?

ogden
    Free Member

Tesco’s end is up and running, Evans on the other hand I’m not so sure. I asked on the chat to see if they were processing them and the answer I got was vague, they’ll be processed just not sure how long they’ll take.

cakeandcheese

To update on our C2W voucher situation:

We were issued a voucher, which was then retracted  because of the change in ownership and another issued pretty much immediately.

spending the voucher proves tricky, not because it’s invalid, but because Evans are having to open new accounts with every supplier. Within a couple of weeks I’m assured all will be back to normal and we’ll be able to order form the usual brands.

tomhoward

Evans are having to open new accounts with every supplier. Within a couple of weeks I’m assured all will be back to normal and we’ll be able to order form the usual brands.

If you were a supplier, and a big customer went bust, was bought out and didn’t pay you what they owed, would you give an account to the same customer, and its new owners?

RickDraper
    Free Member

If you were a supplier, and a big customer went bust, was bought out and didn’t pay you what they owed, would you give an account to the same customer, and its new owners?

I’d be putting them on pro-forma.

kimbers

The remaining £24 million is owed to unsecured creditors, including trade suppliers, who will receive just 2.5 pence in the pound.

Ouch, can’t be good for wider bike suppliers to be taking that hit.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Evans is now accepting gift cards, I’ve updated Mcraque’s thread on the Chat section with the details

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d be putting them on pro-forma.

I’d have done that several months ago…

As I believe some did.

jameso

New Evans has credit terms with suppliers, in part due to how we’re backed by a very large company. As far as I’m aware there’s only one brand we sold before that we’re not working with now.

pobaker
    Free Member

I had a OneUp dropper on order since end of September when they had the £30 off over £100 offer on – had paid on credit card just in case. Up until now i’d been told i’d get it – given 19th November date for stock to come in, but still not in stock and no new date available. Asked for a refund and told its not possible to give refunds for orders made before they were sold. Have just raised a claim with credit card for it……

MrPottatoHead

Where are we up to with this now? Am I safe to cash in some Tesco vouchers and buy something?

treyster1
    Free Member

My patience and goodwill for Evans has expired. They’ve had my bike in their workshop for over 10 weeks this year, a combination of poor repairs and ‘waiting for parts’. I’ve shopped with ‘em for 20 years and this will be the last. They’ve been brilliant in the past, getting me out of a pinch on a few occasions. This year though, service and communication is beyond a joke.

lister

We’ve just used the Tesco scheme successfully.

I hate Ashley but two Altura waterproof jackets and some thermal tights for £30 worth of voucher is too good to turn down when it comes to kids Christmas presents!

tomhoward

I hate Ashley but two Altura waterproof jackets and some thermal tights for £30 worth of voucher is too good to turn down

And that right there, is the cost of principles! 😉

mechanicaldope

And that right there, is the cost of principles!

Exactly! I was dead against slavery until I realised how cheap it is…

tomd1984
    Free Member

Just to add a positive Evans story… I recently bought one of those Norco Fluids that STW said might be the best bike below £2k.

I shopped around for ages and was fairly set on the Norco, but wary of only being able to buy it from Evans what with the sale and some issues I’d read about. However, the bike arrived in stock earlier than indicated, was dispatched quicker than I expected and was set up nigh on perfectly when it arrived. Very pleased. Not pleased I’ve supported Mike Ashley, but I’ve gotten a good deal for my new bike.

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 620 total)

The topic ‘Oh dear, is Evans next?’ is closed to new replies.