• This topic has 270 replies, 124 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by rone.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 271 total)
  • Oh dear Danny Macaskill – please don't do the Playboy Mansion thing :-(
  • ratherbeintobago

Haha have you seen any adverts!!???

Yes. Still doesn’t make it appropriate though, does it?

scruff
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure the playboy bunnies choose to do it for the cash, they are not slaves and are not forced to wear a certain style of dress in fear of being killed by rocks if they don’t adhere to some made up law.

Playboy may not be your style of choosing, but I’m sure DMac would front flip off a gay and lesbian hessian turban factory roof it looked good on camera and he got payed well, before hes injured enough that his (relatively short) career ends.

The majority of men are attracted to attractive girls, Dannys a big boy and can make his own decisions and I’m sure you will all watch it anyway and bank a few for later.

Matt24k
    Free Member

scruff – Member

I’m pretty sure the playboy bunnies choose to do it for the cash, they are not slaves and are not forced to wear a certain style of dress in fear of being killed by rocks if they don’t adhere to some made up law.

Playboy may not be your style of choosing, but I’m sure DMac would front flip off a gay and lesbian hessian turban factory roof it looked good on camera and he got payed well, before hes injured enough that his (relatively short) career ends.

The majority of men are attracted to attractive girls, Dannys a big boy and can make his own decisions and I’m sure you will all watch it anyway and bank a few for later.

+1 bar some poor spelling and punctuation.

chip
    Free Member

He is only doing it hoping to get an invite into the sex room.

Reminds me my sex room could do with a lick of paint.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Can’t say I’m bothered by this, I think any heterosexual man getting offended at the idea of partially clothed women is probably a hypocrite.

My wife is very into the Everyday Sexism twitter feed and while some of it is actually sexism, a lot of it is just people being rude, which they would do regardless of whether or not it was to do with women.

ratherbeintobago

… are not forced to wear a certain style of dress in fear of being killed by rocks if they don’t adhere to some made up law.

You seem to have difficulty telling the difference between women (and men) being able to dress how they want (which is obviously fine) with the objectification of women for advertising purposes (which isn’t).

MTBing is a male-dominated sport. Things like this, and like the body pointed models at bike shows (was it Knolly?) don’t make it look any more inclusive, and frankly, do we want to be associated with the sniggering 14yo boy image this presents?

I think any heterosexual man getting offended at the idea of partially clothed women is probably a hypocrite.

Agreed, but there is a league of difference between being offended by clothing choices and by advertising, which the Danny Mac video is.

brant
    Free Member

front flip off a gay and lesbian hessian turban factory roof

Next GreatRock video right there.

scruff
    Free Member

do we want to be associated with the sniggering 14yo boy image this presents

Plenty of 14 yo boys are into spending money on bikes. I’m afraid they like looking at boobies aswell.

iolo
    Free Member

Imagine the controversy if he grew a beard,includes tattoos, lesbians kissing in a pub, some guy in a mariachi mask climbing outside the pub etc…. Oh wait.That’s fine.

Lifer
    Free Member

Not offended or hot under the collar or on a moral crusade just think it’s a bit greasy.

flyingmonkeycorps

I wonder if he’s going to literally jump over a shark?

Lifer
    Free Member

😆

larrydavid
    Free Member

I’m glad the ‘real, red blooded’ men have come along along and explained that if you don’t like playboy or “chicks with massive cans” then you don’t like sex, women or nudity. I now know that money justifies everything. Context and politics has always been such a drag to understanding things. Glad I can jettison all those things.

Leaving aside the arguments about patriarchy, the message this sends out about women’s and girl’s role in cycling (as a “background”!? to to some tricks or as a TDF ‘podium girl’ [sic], rather than as competitors or legitimate particpants) the point here is that it’s cheap, lame and desperate on behalf of both Playboy and RedBull/DM.

I mean, from Playboy’s point of view it goes like this:

“Hey, our **** mag brand isn’t as cool as it used to be, back in 1980… what can we do?”

“I know, let’s tag along with some cool, hip young gun slinger. I hear those push bikes are pretty cool these days. Let’s get him in to cross pollinate our brands, going forward etc etc.”

I’d rather cycling of any kind wasn’t associated with this seedy shite.

kimbers

slippery slope for DMac (not that he couldnt ride up one of them)
    Hell be backflipping a bunch of barely legal dancing girls at Burlusconi’s villa next week

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I liked the bunny hop joke.

chip
    Free Member

When I see a sexy woman, I get the horn.
    Something to do with ensuring the ongoing survival of the human race.

If I see a glamour model I don’t think women are being objectified, just that woman who is probably getting paid handsomely for doing a job she probably has to work hard to keep (excercise diet ) in a cut throat industry.

I have a bigger problem with more socially acceptable fashion modelling industry using rake thin woman thus promoting an unhealthy image.

There are plenty of male strippers out there and what they do does not make me feel objectified as a man (chance would be a fine thing)

Your opinions on nudity, sex and capitalising on peoples sex drive for advertising are your views.
    Due to political correctness , we have lost a what I would describe as seaside postcard humour and the double entendre.
    Yet some how have gained Keith lemon with his go out for a bike ride character.

If it offends your sensibilities don’t watch it .

bikebouy
    Free Member

rureadyboots – Member
    Women that disapprove of this sort of thing are ugly and very bitter.

Men that disapprove of this sort of thing are weak minded closet homosexuals.

😆

There, right there is a proper enlightened society for you.

😆

Do we, sorry STW, get to decide what Danny does for a Job? What he gets paid for? How he gets paid? What his attitude to Promotion of his and his sponsors Brand want? How he negotiates contracts? What his Mum & Dad think of this particular “show”?

Nahh, thought not. But the hand wringing should continue, it’s Thursday, officially fake Friday, and we’re all gearing up for a hot weekend of riding and sunburn, beer and burgers.

For what it’s worth, everyone has the choice to do what they want, when they want, within an enlightened society.

Glad to see some attitudes still hanker for finger wagging and net curtain twitching.

😆

finbar
    Free Member

Things like this, and like the body pointed models at bike shows (was it Knolly?) don’t make it look any more inclusive, and frankly, do we want to be associated with the sniggering 14yo boy image this presents?

Funnily enough, it was those holier than thou smug merchants Howies. I was about 12 when they did that at the Bike Show, I thought it was about the coolest thing ever. Now, not so much…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

strange. I read all of this thinking it was Danny Hart.

larrydavid
    Free Member

HOUSE!

‘real men like jiggling titties in magazines’

‘you are a hypocrite because you like real titties’

‘everyone’s getting paid so everything is ok’

‘it’s pc gone mad’

‘moral police – nobody can have a view on on what anyone else does sexually. Ever.’

‘it was better in the 70s when groping women was a laugh’

llama

Not got a problem with grown women being objectified in this instance as nobody is forcing them.

However I am concerned about the way that the playboy branding seeps into the sexualization of underage girls, and also the way this sort of thing effects ambition and aspiration.

I wonder if he’s going to literally jump over a shark?

this +1 it just seems very uncool, but then wtf do I know, it’s about making money not being cool isn’t it.

Lifer
    Free Member

chip – Member

When I see a sexy woman, I get the horn.
    Something to do with ensuring the ongoing survival of the human race.

But why do you want the horn when watching Danny Mac hopping about?

If I see a glamour model I don’t think women are being objectified, just that woman who is probably getting paid handsomely for doing a job she probably has to work hard to keep (excercise diet ) in a cut throat industry.

I have a bigger problem with more socially acceptable fashion modelling industry using rake thin woman thus promoting an unhealthy image.

So you don’t think there’s anything damaging about the body image created by the ‘glamour’ ( 😆 ) industry? Take a look at the ‘No More Page 3’ campaign and Page 3 stories to see how (some) women (and men) are affected by it.

There are plenty of male strippers out there and what they do does not make me feel objectified as a man (chance would be a fine thing)

So utterly fatuous

Your opinions on nudity, sex and capitalising on peoples sex drive for advertising are your views.

And so are yours, your point?

Due to political correctness , we have lost a what I would describe as seaside postcard humour and the double entendre.

Brilliant. Does that count as hand-wringing? I remember when all this was fields!

Northwind

I wouldn’t do it. But then I wouldn’t do a frontflip off the top of a castle either, so I feel like maybe I’m not qualified.

Having said that I’d be well up for a visit to the mansion. Not specifically to look at boobz, though, I would obviously. But just to see if it’s really as cringeworthy as it always seems in pics. It’s like a 14 year old’s idea of what’s sexy.

zippykona

Of course we are now fully aware of his new video.
    Job done.

patriotpro
    Free Member

A video with one of the planet’s most-skilled riders riding his bike and bimbos in a surreal setting.

Who the hell would want to watch that…Terrible idea!

llama

Job done.

now I feel like a carbonated sugar caffeine drink

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Job done.

Nail/Head.

traildog
    Free Member

It does seem a bit uncool to me. I wouldn’t accept it if I was him. But I’m not and his views on this obviously don’t match mine.

I certainly won’t be voting for him as Prime Minister now.

There are far more important things I can get upset about. I will boycott this video and watch something else. Other trials riders do exist who are not affiliated with the brand in question.

mudshark
    Free Member

Let’s get him in to cross pollinate our brands, going forward etc etc

Yep they’re using bikes to make women sexy again, we should be proud.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Due to political correctness , we have lost a what I would describe as seaside postcard humour and the double entendre

Can you explain how Hugh hefner and his bunny mansion relate to bawdy seaside humour or the double entendre?

You dont listen to IASIHAC then do you.

IMHO Hefner is sleazy as is his mansion.

pk13

I do like the safety video . There is a hobbit film too . Nice to have a sense of fun. Gandofs staff is in flight mode.

avdave2

not all his followers/fans are 13 year old boys??

Maybe not on the outside but we never really leave that 13 year old very far behind. 🙂

allthegear
    Free Member

Maybe not on the outside but we never really leave that 13 year old very far behind.

*you* might not leave it very far behind – that doesn’t exactly count for us *all*…

Rachel

plyphon
    Free Member

Pyro

*you* might not leave it very far behind – that doesn’t exactly count for us *all*…

Sorry Rachel, but to play Devil’s Advocate – *you* might be outraged, but that also doesn’t exactly count for us *all*…

It’s just another venue, and until the video comes out none of us know what it is or isn’t going to show.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Question:

Will Danny do a front flip off Hugh H’s Wig?
    &
    What if the wind blows just prior to the manouvre?

Could end in tears that 😆

marky29er
    Free Member

For what it’s worth, everyone has the choice to do what they want, when they want, within an enlightened society.

Not if the pc mad, professionally offended, handwringing loony left have their way we wouldn’t.
    Fortunately they are in the minority, no matter how loudly they like to shout.

wwaswas

none of us know what it is or isn’t going to show

well there’s been a number of stills on Danny Mac’s twitter feed.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

He’s not a role model, he’s a very naughty boy.

chip
    Free Member

Seriously, get over yourselfs.
    If you think it’s not for you don’t watch it.
    If you are dis appointed in danny for making this video, then so be it.

It’s just a bit of fun , a man doing simmilar tricks in a different surrondings.

I doubt if it will float my boat.
    Butt everyone on this thread with a hollyier than thou attitude to human flesh.

I take it you don’t fun yourself, or do you think of your husband or wife.
    Because if you do use anything else to stimulate your imagination, whether a heffner esq publication or the fashion pages of the Sunday magazine, you are a hypercrit.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 271 total)

The topic ‘Oh dear Danny Macaskill – please don't do the Playboy Mansion thing :-(’ is closed to new replies.