Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Oh. Carolina.
  • sirromj

Bought some Encona Caroline Reaper hot sauce last night, expecting to enter a world of pain.

Fail.

Don’t get me wrong I sweated quite a bit, but there was very little burning sensation in my mouth considering it was supposed to contain one of the world’s hottest chillis.

Really unimpressed as I’m not one of those people that goes round eating mega hot chillis.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Encona

Carolina

Reaper

3 words made to go together.

alanw2007

Are you saying it failed to make you Jump and Prance?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Or move like a squirrel?

stumpy01

Phew! I thought this was going to be an announcement that Shaggy had died, or something!!

bigyinn
    Free Member

A friend of mine is currently working in Kiev. Last week he went to see a concert involving both Shaggy and Sting.

Shaggy was on first and Sting came on after.

I’m sure theres a joke in there somewhere……

brakes
    Free Member

Are you saying it failed to make you Jump and Prance?

I always thought it was ‘jumping branch’

bluerich

Get the powdered version from chilli wizards🌶🌶🌶🌶 That might be be the gear for you.

ads678

Phew! I thought this was going to be an announcement that Shaggy had died, or something!!

It wasn’t me!

sirromj

Up your game.

Bummer out of stock ^^^^

TBH, the Encona stuff is probably hot enough for regular consumption.

I have a jar of Foxes Spices Green Chilli Pickle that’s been in the fridge for quite some time. Will eat a teaspoon when feeling masochistic and immediately recoil at the burning sourness and decide I definitely won’t eat any more and then 5 minutes later, another teaspoon.

Drac

https://www.darnspice.com/satans-shit-chilli-paste-by-chilli-pepper-pete/

You won’t thank me. I lost 30 minutes of my life in pure agony of the tiniest amount.

sirromj

Given your comments Drac, and this review:

the solids in it give ut a dried fruit kind of taste for a few seconds before your head melts down to a bloody stump. Its a v v v strong product

I’ll definitely have to pass on that one.

Might have to try these though:

https://www.darnspice.com/tomato-and-scotch-bonnet-sauce-by-st-john-dolly-smith/

https://www.darnspice.com/ghost-pepper-10-sauce-by-cambridge-chilli-sauce-co/

simondbarnes

It’s not very hot at all. I wish I could still get Dave’s Ghost Pepper sauce in Tescos. That was hot but also really tasty.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

aphex_2k
    Free Member

You can’t beat proper grown chillis as opposed to sauces.

Current stock of bum-burners:-

Butch T Scorpion
    Cardi Scorpion
    Carolina Reaper
    Birdseye
    Thai
    Cayenne
    Scotch Bonnet

Have to say cayenne are great “every day” chillis but my fave are my thai which grow almost luminous green. Very tasty and quite a kick. The scorpions often get tasted when I have friends over and the “I can handle it” bravado kicks in. Bonnets are new plants this year but got tiny fruit on them already.

chewkw
    Free Member

Most chilli or pepper sauce do not taste good at all apart from blunt hotness …

To me Tabasco is fine for most food. Not the hottest but the taste is good.

Most SE Asian chilli sauce are nice but not all.

Ghanaian Shito hot or mild Chilli sauce is nice too, you can buy them from supermarket sometimes.
    Ghanaian Shito chilli sauce

sirromj

I’ve got an admission.

For those first two slices of cheese on toast I spread the Encona Carolina Reaper sauce more sparingly than I would if I’d overdosed on Marmite and Marmite was the only thing I was allowed to eat.

sirromj

The End from Upton Chilli co is really tasty

Drac

Mr Vikki’s sauces are great too full of flavour and heat.

carlosg
    Free Member

The Encona Carolina reaper sauce is one of my favourites, it’s fairly hot but has a nice smokey flavour going on in the background.

For really hot chili sauces check out the chilli shop Leeds. You have to order through Facebook at the moment because their website got hacked and the new one isn’t up and running yet. They have some mentally hot sauces for serious heat pervs.

bob_summers

Used to have a high heat tolerance, got through quite a bit of Blair’s Ultra Death and Rectal Rocket Fuel back in the day but the tolerance is all but gone now. I do like the flavour of habanero though, this stuff has a decent balance of flavour and heat and goes on nearly everything.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Oh. Carolina.’ is closed to new replies.