Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Oh, bloody typical… (knee content)
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

Beautiful day, first chance in 2 weeks to get out off road (only other ride in the same period was a road one yesterday). looking forward to 6 or 7 hours of great trails

Get an hour and a half in and my left knee starts twingeing for no reason. Do the next descent, but by half way up the next climb I just can’t put any power down through my left leg. From 7 o’clock round through to 4 o’clock the outside of my knee is screaming at me. Feels like tendons/ligamnets rather than muscular.

Why does that bloody well have to go and happen. I’ve got 3 utter shite days at work coming up – mostly on my feet, sleeping in 3 different beds, and the last day is probably going to be about 36 hours long. That’s all fine, so long as I’ve had my jollies before hand. Which I haven’t.

Bah. Humbug.

More constructively, any guesses as to what I’ve done? Feels like it might be ITB related, although that’s never given me any issues before. I’ve just done a session with a foam roller and I’m going to ice the joint itself for a bit. Only hurts during that bottom bit of the pedal stroke (or standing up from sitting on the floor). Bike setup hasn’t changed.

Thanks…

TiRed

ITB. Most likely a result of bike position. My guess is that your saddle is too high and a little too far back. Mine was and I suffered for some time before adjustment. Get a good foam roller and get to work. They are excellent. Since adjusting position and rolling, I’ve never had a problem, and mileage is now 150+/week and the roller lies idle (it’s good for a massage, but I don’t need it for the ITB). The trigger point roller is not cheap, but it is superb.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Oh, bloody typical… (knee content)’ is closed to new replies.