Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Ogmios Ep 4. Bike Edition.
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Calm… ….

csb

Aaaaah.

malv173

Very chilled to see this! A welcome return indeed.

redthunder
    Free Member

My driving style follows the Ogmios approach.

Any else, or is it just me. When on a long road trip will find a companion lorry and follow that 🙂 .

Just did 300 miles in the motorway at lorry speed….
    calm.

Cant remember the last overtake I did on an A road(single carriage). Other than a parked car or bloody cyclists 😉

tthew

To and from work, (which is about 20 miles total motorway) absolutely this

When on a long road trip will find a companion lorry and follow that 🙂

But for 300 miles, stuff that, the difference between 60 and 70mph is 45 mins!

robola

But for 300 miles, stuff that, the difference between 60 and 70mph is 45 mins!

But it is 45 mins of blissed out zen motoring. Not 45 minutes of pedal to the metal madness.

tthew

It’s not an unreasonable point, it is so much more relaxing travelling with the trucks but 70 doesn’t really qualify for pedal the metal madness, especially if you’re journeying down south!

willard

Just watched/listened this at work in the background. I now feel a little less stressed.

StuF

I find travelling with trucks far from bliss – you usually end up with one sat 2m off your back bumper, middle lane chilled or outside lane if not too busy is the way forward.

nickc

Not 45 minutes of pedal to the metal madness.

At 70? Even in my wee mini, pedal to the metal is considerably more than that.

redthunder
    Free Member

Even bumper lorries, bugger off in the end.

Who cares about 45mins. I’m not usually racing to anything. Calm ….

And the fuel I save 🙂 £££.

jimmy

No one likes a stray finger.

redthunder
    Free Member

@jimmy
    It was a bit random. Did it make him calm 😉

matt_outandabout

I too enjoy the luxury experience…

redthunder
    Free Member

I thought he was joking about BBC 3

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0bf93rd

I wonder if the gentleman on the scooter was for real in the Battle Rap ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0bf955j/zen-motoring-series-1-1-scooter-boys

tthew

I liked the BBC series, but I think it noted in the credits that some of the events were staged. Scooter boy he had the battle rap with was listed as cast IIRC.

redthunder
    Free Member

@tthew

I read that as well.

Its fun (blended) but not as good the orginal commentry on general observations.

But, scooter boy is a good example of road lunacy, even though fake.

At first, I thought a rubber knife was going to come out.

maccruiskeen

Who cares about 45mins. I’m not usually racing to anything.

The point is… the lorry didn’t have to stop for 300 miles because they weren’t tired and neither were you – if you’re relaxed when you’re driving you don’t need a rest.

I used to drive big over-built luton vans designed for carrying large precious artworks – becuase they were extra tall, in a pre-turbodiesel era –  they couldn’t get over 50mph unless you were in the slipstream of a truck (or if you were lucky a coach). But long journeys for work in the van and for leisure in my car took pretty much the same amount of time – because I never really stopped when I was in the van – never needed a rest. I travelled quicker in my car but stopped for breaks much more often.

maccruiskeen

Oooh – a new Ogmios just dropped this very moment

maccruiskeen

Nice – My mum has dementia and I take her out for a drive each weekend – it used to be out into the countryside but now we do urban driving so she can people watch – up and down shopping streets and round retail parks. Sometimes a drive-thru McFlurry and eat it in the carpark watching teenagers flirting inside.

Latest thing though is a drive through hand carwash – you drive into and around the building in a U-shape for each stage of the wash – pay for the full works so we spend ages in there. My cars been washed more times in the last couple of months than it had been in the previous 15 years 🙂

maccruiskeen

In honour of the Duke of Norfolk – freshly minted new episode with Grateful Jogs

configuration
    Free Member

As a resident of North London, how on earth he manages to drive around Stamford Hill and remain calm, is an utter mystery. It’s got to be the worst place in the UK for driving madness. Driving round there would push even the most mild mannered person over the edge. Thank God we’re not in the USA is all I can say.

TheDTs
    Free Member

The Mexican standoff is hilarious..
    I once saw two guys in the same situation.
    An Aston and a beat up van of some sort, neither would yield. They were there for ages.
    I think there must be piles of outtakes where he is raging and swearing at people, nobody is that calm in real life and North London, are they?

configuration
    Free Member

I think there must be piles of outtakes where he is raging and swearing at people, nobody is that calm in real life and North London, are they?

It’s not possible. Even if you smoked copious amounts of weed and took tranqs. Not where he’s driving. Stamford Hill, Tottenham Hale, Finsbury Park, Dalston. Madness. People will beep at you if you’re not away from the lights quicker than an F1 car. The funniest thing is though; all that rage, and they’ll be one place ahead of you in the traffic. Which at some point will inevitably be stationary. So it’s utterly pointless, yet they still do it. People are mad.

Sandwich

The Mexican standoff is hilarious..

I have done this when someone passed a passing place to force me back around the corner as they weren’t going to reverse. I read a book while they got reverse dialled in engine off and not engaging.

big_scot_nanny

Absolutely love Ogmios. Just brilliant watching and well so well observed. The real stuff is better than the slightly contrived BBC3 stuff, but it’s all good.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.

Singletrack Quick Fire - Clips or F...
Singletrack Video Archive: Singletrack Quick Fire - Clips or Flats?