Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • Offshore Guidance
  • jockthestore
    Free Member

I’m going up to Aberdeen for the conference too – I’ve got 13 years experience on ships in an electrical role, but as I’ve not actively looked for a job before, I’m not sure where to look/how to go about it, so I figure this is a good way to find out what industry is looking for.

anez247
    Free Member

Hope to meet you there Mate

iceman8
    Free Member

YGM Iceman8

Haven’t received anything bud, could you resend it?

anez247
    Free Member

Sure, Just resent it again, let me know if you saw it

Deveron53
    Free Member

Advice for Oil and Gas:
    Park at Pittodrie and get the bus.
    Dress smart but not in a Tux!
    Have paper CVs ready and take names and email addresses of contacts you make there.
    I may actually be on the stand myself this year unless there is a big rush of quotations to get out that week. I may just have a walk around and try and win stuff.
    Oh yeah, almost forgot: my sister got a job at BP via the exhibition as well!
    You don’t have to have an engineering degree to get a job up here, just a mature attitude and a bit of a ‘can-do’ type of cv with plenty of experience. I know someone who worked in a supermarket as a checkout person got a job as a finance assistant within 4 weeks. There are jobs for admin, receptionists, finance assistants, tech assistants etc. If you can’t get a 25k pa job in Aberdeen then you are unemployable! 😆
    Btw, Aker seemed to be a waste of time, their recruitment process runs at a snails pace.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Most service cos are slow deveron

What you find is your name goes into a pool and they just draw at random…..

I got a call from schlumberger 14 months after i started with my co. id applied to schlum 3 months before i started with my co ….

Glad they move slow , dont fancy working for big blue.

anez247
    Free Member

Thx for the heads up Dev, will not be coming with my Car to Aberdeen, About the exhibition, I hope to nail it and relocate to the Oil city.

Seems ur family has found the right trick to land the job 😉 hope to see you on the stands too.

the_lecht_rocks

I arrived 22 years ago after serving my apprenticeship. This city has done me proud and I’m grateful each day for what it’s given me.
    I love the solitude in the hills and as said, trails are generally empty. Wondrous. Good luck.

anez247
    Free Member

Thx the_lecht_rocks, am looking forward to my adventurous visit next week 🙂 I need the luck too.

anez247
    Free Member

YGM Lecht

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Makes for interesting reading.
    I’ve an HNC in engineering, looking for an entry/trainee position into industry. Have applied to Opito course, and made it to interviews. Now just awaiting on hearing back!

Will be attending the Aberdeen expo as well.

Rusty mac I’ll email re that job if that’s ok?

Edit: oh and although Rowan have a roustabout position, it does say you need to be fluent in written and verbal Norwegian… Which I’m not!

anez247
    Free Member

See you at the Expo Simply

haggis1978

I’ve just skimmed through the thread but I’m surprised no one has mentioned getting the Press and Journal on a Friday. My mate’s just been taken on by Aker in a control and instrumentation engineering role. Seems really happy with them. Started an onshore role but with a definite look to getting offshore in the future.

anez247
    Free Member

Thx Haggis, happy for your mate, will definitely grab a copy of P&J this friday. any idea where I could get them from?

messiah
    Free Member
    anez247
    Free Member

Thumps Up Messiah!

anez247
    Free Member

Hey Guys, am finally In Aberdeen thats why its Sunny 😉 anybody wants to show me around or meet up, just shoot an email….

anez247
    Free Member

one quick question, The Friday P&J Newspaper job ads does it appear on the website or do I need to grab a Hard copy?

anez247
    Free Member

Hey Guys, Back in London, completed my Trainings in Aberdeen, Unfortunately the Career expo was kinda crap ( dont know why it’s a 2-day event)…5 – 7 companies, 2 recruitment agencies ( Machtech & Jobsite) and were all looking for O&G industry experienced people

Except Shell & Transocean who weren’t even accepting any CV’s nor giving out Business cards..just telling people to go and have a look on their Career site..what a Bunch!

anez247
    Free Member

keeping my thread alive for aspiring guys to tap into the information available, Am still open to any info, suggestions and advice/help.

anez247
    Free Member

Hey Guys.

Just got back from the Offshore Europe @ Aberdeen, it was a huge experience , I think the biggest Exhibition I’ve ever been to.

I attended just the last day, though I was able to make small contacts, wasnt as much as I had anticipated. In all its been good.

So far am still pursuing for a career in the Oil & Gas industry and everyone is still invited to share a thing or two.

Cheers

Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Offshore Guidance’ is closed to new replies.