Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • offsetbushings.com
  • climbingkev
    Free Member

Anybody used them? Mine arrived and are the wrong size, length and diameter. I emailed explaining this. He’s asked for pictures alongside the original bushings and for measurements too, the exact same happened to my neighbour.

Am I being an ass by thinking this is a data collection exercise? I have no problem with that, but surely just ask for measurements rather than models of frame and shock; suggesting you have the correct measurement. The whole process will take twice as long and I have to post them back. I wouldn’t mind since they are very cheap and somebody is trying to make a business work. His correspondence has been great and the neighbour had his turned around in quick time when he returned his with the info.

My concern is, how accurate do the measurements have to be? I have a ruler, not callipers. Is this destined to be a botched job…….

Any feedback appreciated, likewise if anybody has had a similar or better experience. Hope I’m just being a pessimistic ass!

Kev

Crag
    Free Member

I used them a couple of years ago for my Zesty – all arrived without drama. Was thinking of getting another set from them for my Covert so will follow with interest.

jonk

I’ve bought some they are cheap and well made but brass so don’t last too long

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Same here one side ok the other way off, did not bother sending them back

teethgrinder

Waiting for mine to turn up. Ordered about a week ago.

At least with PayPal you can claim if they don’t turn up.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Mine have developed play within a month or so, they have stated that there is a bad batch and they will replace once the new ones come in.
    Hopefully these will be better but as stated the CS had been very good, emails get answered within a couple of hours max so far.

crankrider
    Free Member

Looked at these but would rather go burgtec or production privee if you can get them.

The offsetbushings seem to be made out of incorrect materials with no real tolerance – I could see them wearing your shock eyelet bush prematurely if they are brass / such a poor fit.

Maybe new ones are better, it’s a super simple thing to make with the right machinery though.

Northwind

I just got one from the polish chap on ebay, seem good, and everyone knows titanium is faster- had some of the early Steamer ones which were useless, made of soft alu so they ovalised (and he sent me the wrong sizes twice…)

JoeG
    Free Member

I bought mine from Proshox via their ebay store. They’re stainless steel. No problems with mine.

Northwind

THat’s the feller. Weirdly the titanium ones come with titanium sleeves, which makes no sense at all apart from being cool

mrjmt
    Free Member

Is there any real difference between the stainless and Ti ones?

Will I die with stainless ones?

chris85
    Free Member

mrjmt – Member 
    Is there any real difference between the stainless and Ti ones?

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO #

About half a gram and £20 extra in yer pocket

Stick with stainless

mrjmt
    Free Member

8)

LoCo
    Free Member

Brass or ali is a daft material to make offset spacers out of, stick to stainless if you have to use them, although keep an eye on the eyelet bushes wearing unevenly as have seen a few shock eyelets damaged by excessive wear

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Got a pair from offset a month or two back all spot on, coms, delivery speed and exactly as ordered. I do have a set off calipers though but fine to do with a good ruler (maybe not so fine with a cheap helix plastic thing)

As mentioned by several above brass won’t last long but they’ve proved the point for me and turned my “I’d rather do the washing up than ride it” bike into one I enjoy riding so will duly be replaced with stainless ones. The only downside is I now have to explain to my other half why I haven’t ebayed the “bike you don’t like” yet.

Northwind

mrjmt – Member

I heard they go on fire.

Nah, stainless is the only sensible material to use.

twojumpers

I used them last year and they were great too. I did have to supply them with the dimensions though (which I got from the frame manufacturers website to be sure).

VanHalen

fine for me. still going strong after a year or so but, to be honest, i dont ride it much.

i think i gave him dims as it wasn’t a hugely common bike.

climbingkev
    Free Member

Cheers, guys. Whilst trying to get the dimensions for this I’m getting a worse and worse feeling. It looks like they were sized up by squinting at a google image! The end of one bush fits the shock eye, the other doesn’t….. and each assembly leaves an incorrect “gap” for the shock eye width.

Emailing now to hopefully get a resolution, hoping it all comes good and I can repost with a more positive update!

frogstomp

Bought a set a month or so ago.. one seems a little loose, the other one the bolt won’t go right the way through. No reply to my email…

Northwind

My Proshox ones turned up, they’re nice, good fit etc. He’s very definite about sizing, he wants to know how you measured, what bike it is etc but it just feels like good practice.

climbingkev
    Free Member

Just got this:

Great, thanks for sending over those sizes.

The sizes I had on file must have been for a different year model – sorry about that!

IS there any chance you can send those back? The address is..

Now, I’ll see what happens before stamping my feet as I do want this to work out. But, I’m struggling to believe that over 10mm out can be attributed to a different year model. Which in this case I know it can’t. Plus I’m pretty sure the P&P back is more than the materials cost, and they are just materials since I know of no bike that has conical bushes……

Grrrrr

njee20
    Free Member

I’m struggling to believe that over 10mm out can be attributed to a different year model

Of course it can – look at how much frame designs change from one year to the next.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘offsetbushings.com’ is closed to new replies.