Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Offline Maps For HTC Wildfire S
  • aidenbradley
    Free Member

Toying with the idea of getting an HTC Wildfire S. I believe these are slightly crap, but I’m not really bothered about using it for browsing the net or playing music, but I thought it could be handy for saving maps on it, not really arsed about route planning software, just thought it would be better than carting around paper maps. Is this a valid idea? I am a complete luddite and know bugger all about phones. Is it possible to do this on such a thing? Will it cane the batteries? Can you view maps without being on the internet?

Ambrose

Orux maps is your friend. It will do all that you have asked above.

Conan257
    Free Member

I’m testing oruxmaps on a Motorola Defy Mini at the moment…

Although I’ve not managed to get my O/S maps on it, I have been able to use other sources.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ampthill

try back country navigator well worth £6 for off line OS maops

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Viewranger?

Or just use google maps and download the areas you need?

billyboulders
    Free Member

Do you want to navigate using the phone or just use it to view the maps? If you just want to have the maps on the phone to view then just email/Bluetooth screenshots of OS maps to the phone and save them then pull them up from the gallery when you need them. I have the same phone and have 1:50k OS of Dartmoor saved in this way in two halves as 3g is patchy around here anyway – works fine.

user-removed
    Free Member

…try back country navigator well worth £6 for off line OS maops

+1. Just amazing value for money.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Offline Maps For HTC Wildfire S’ is closed to new replies.