Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 615 total)
  • Official STW Zwift Club
  • scotroutes

The last Tour (Makuri?) could be done ad hoc. That obviously had no RoboPartners and no large groups but did mean there was less scheduling necessary.

DrP

I guess it’s so the pace partners aren’t double booked or having to finish in 29 minutes, you’d have been upset following the D pacer up ventoux at that!

Must be a tough job..imagine the saddle sores they get at the end of a shift…

DrP

bensales
    Free Member

7am TdZ C ride was basically a Crit. Good fun, even if I couldn’t quite get into the top half of the field.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

7am TdZ C ride was basically a Crit

Yeah, a course that short and flat is pretty much one long sprint. Good for the legs I guess if not the soul.

bensales
    Free Member

For those who want rides every half hour, I just spotted this in the description of today’s stage…

MAKE UP RIDES
    Missed a stage? No worries! There’s a makeup week from February 6 – 12, which will include group rides for all stages starting every 30 minutes.

DrP

Well the A ride just now was FAB!
    340 ISH riders..I got with the second blood around the 3 mark and we just kept a great pace all the way round… Decent power on the climbs, good pace on the descents….
    I had an aero PU which I kept till the end… At 900m I upped the power to pull a few M away from the bunch (before the mad sprint as I’m no good at that) and THEN played the aero whilst keeping 450-500watts…. That early break and then PU combo meant I kept a good few seconds ahead, with the gap climbing….
    Finished something like 24th…

DrP

Straightliner

Well done Dr P, that’s a great performance. I rode it last night with about 650 others and sadly it fragmented quite a lot, particularly on the second “lap”. Not a bad course for an event, it has a bit of everything but I also understand why I don’t ride New York that much in that I struggle for real landmarks to know where I am.

DrP

Thanks..

That should have said “second blob around the 30th position mark”…

I agree – NY is really hard to figure out where you are!

DrP

feed

THEN played the aero whilst keeping 450-500watts…. That early break and then PU combo meant I kept a good few seconds ahead, with the gap climbing….
    Finished something like 24th…

Nice one DrP, impressive result, did the A route at 8pm last night, finished 298th of 660 which I was satisfied with 🙂

savoyad

nice ride @drp.
    (I saw you anticipating an hour beforehand and wondered if you might go quite a bit quicker than that…)

DrP

Cheers… Zwift insider reckoned an hour so planned that morning around that! But yeah, 54ish minutes in the end..

DrP

oopnorth
    Free Member

Well done lads, some good results there!

I missed London Stage 4 due to family commitments over the weekend, so already need to do that in the catchup week. I hope to get New York ticked off today or tomorrow, when time allows, I’m not sure which Cat to do, an evening would ideally be the long Cat A, but if I have to do it in the morning I am time crunched so will be one of the shorter ones.

I’m looking forward to seeing the Scotland routes.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Well I for one, like New York. Maybe not after tomorrow when I have planned a Zone 2 ride around Everything Bagel. It’s sooo tempting to open the (very small) tank up the hills rather than ride at snails pace.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Well I for one, like New York. Maybe not after tomorrow when I have planned a Zone 2 ride around Everything Bagel. It’s sooo tempting to open the (very small) tank up the hills rather than ride at snails pace.

I always have “Must Resist!” in my head when it all goes off. I always fail hahaha

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

My legs often do a good job of resisting for me.

stumpy01

slowpuncheur

Maybe not after tomorrow when I have planned a Zone 2 ride around Everything Bagel. It’s sooo tempting to open the (very small) tank up the hills rather than ride at snails pace.

Doing the 3rd route Douce France, with Xert controlling the trainer on an endurance workout while I slowly went backwards was very frustrating. Although you don’t have any choice then about staying on the required pace, which is a bonus.
    I might have to do the same on Everything Bagel tomorrow, as I could do with getting a long steady stint in.

davidr

Well the 7pm stage 5 B ride felt pretty much full gas from the start – not helped by my habit of chasing moves.

I never really liked New York until I rode it in a group just now. Possibly because I was breathing too hard to really notice the scenery.

benman
    Free Member

That NY Stage 5 A is tough going! That climb at the start is a killer! Can never seem to get into the front group at these things, so just sat with a secondary group gradually collecting people who had blown up. Finished 42nd / 600 odd in 51 mins something.

It’s a weird map NY.

jimdubleyou

Finished 42nd / 600 odd in 51 mins something.

👋 from the mid-pack. Nice little sprint at the end, got in about 260 of 600 around the 62 minute mark.

scotroutes

I was going to do the A ride for the Route Badge but had another Zwift ride I had to do so just managed to fit in the C ride as a wee warm-up. I’ll see what tomorrow brings but I’m supposed to be doing (running) hill reps in the evening, so…

scotroutes

Scotland

Allegedly

mashr

That’s the Tak Ma Doon Rd in the middle there

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Another crit course?

mashr

Depending on how hilly they’ve made the city centre, that crit course could be nasty

john_l
    Free Member

Ticked off Stage 5 this evening. Took a lot of effort to get out to a cold, damp garage!

stumpy01

I did stage 5a this evening too while doing a 2hr endurance workout.
    The last 30 mins were bloody boring today for some reason.

madhouse

Thought I’d missed stage 5 but logged in today and there it was. So did the C in my lunch break.
    Glad I’d warmed up as it was pretty much full gas from the off. Don’t really do sprints so decided to ramp it up from 1km out and be the leadout for those that do. Was fun in a weird ‘this is gonna hurt later’ kinda way 😁

sheck

I did 5C in lieu of a race this week and it worked quite well for that purpose. 5b last night as a Zone 2 steady ride was really hard given the undulations

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

So for anyone interested I’ll be doing the TDZ A ride on Sunday morning instead of Sunday hills this week – 7am start for me as I’m headed out for a ride after.

Three sisters is actually quite an enjoyable route.

Think I’ll probably stick with the TDZ A rides in place of Sunday hills until its done then normal service will be resumed.

jimdubleyou

I’ve booked in for the 11am “A” ride tomorrow morning if anybody fancies it.

retrorick

I have a 30 day free trial to activate on Zwift before the end of the month.
    I’ll aim to put my bike back on the trainer this weekend and keep it there for the next 3 months.

stumpy01

I’m hoping to jump on before 7 for a 90 min workout.
    With all the climbing I’m not sure I’ll get the A or B ride completed so might just do the C option and cruise round

sturdylad
    Free Member

I plan on doing the 8am B ride this morning.
    Anyone else fancy putting themselves through it?

bensales
    Free Member

C ride at some point this morning as an easy hour. And then B tomorrow morning.

A would take me 2.5 to 3 hours due to the climbing and I can’t be arsed this week after spending that long doing the A last Sunday.

sturdylad
    Free Member

One of these days I’ll look properly at the route so I know what I’m letting myself in for!

Tough finish that one but I enjoyed it.
    About 1 hour 5mins for the B ride.

Might try it again tomorrow and look to get closer to the hour

DrP

I’m doing the A ride at 9 am on Sunday.. Any takers?

DrP

Straightliner

Looks like Robbo went for a lumpy effort with three + climbs of the Alpe. Chapeau sir!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Looks like Robbo went for a lumpy effort with three + climbs of the Alpe. Chapeau sir!

I assume lumpy is a typo and that should have read “loony”?

@drp
    I would much rather be joining you than 7am but I need to be finished by half 8 really to be ready for my lift for a real ride…

I can do 3 sisters in 90min can’t I?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Poop, missed the start whilst getting my water bottle and bits sorted.

Ah well, it was going to be a task to get done in time for a ride later anyhow so will pick up tdz later. Sorry to miss you but I’m sure you’ll enjoy it anyway Ben & Paul.

DrP

FFS…. I’m sooo hung over! Just got up.. So starting at 10!!!!
    Shame as the 9am ride has nearly 2k zwifters to help pull me along!

Ugh… 😕🥵🤪

DrP

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 615 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.