Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Office parking shenanegans….
  • spooky_b329

Pin up a notice from a utility company stating they will be putting in new services across the car park.

Due to this a large number of bays will be unavailable (insert numbers of theirs) for several weeks.

Set up an email, complaints@utilitycompany.com and then an autoreply stating undeliverable as mailbox full 🙂

jota180
    Free Member

Get some of that ‘Police’ barrier tape from ebay and cordon off a couple of their spaces.

Have a couple of people randomly walk over to the area, stand and stare for a couple of minutes before shaking their heads and walking away. When she eventually asks what occurred, just tell her you’ve Ben told not to talk to anyone about it.

aP
    Free Member

People drive to work? How quaint.
    Life really, really is too short – you’re coming across as a real tool.

officialtob
    Free Member

Lighten up, I doubt the OP is *actually* planning on doing (m)any of these things. Its just a bit of a laugh. In case you’ve forgotten what that is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laughter

HTH

mikewsmith
    Free Member

People drive to work? How quaint.

He really isn’t, just sounds like it would be funny if it wasn’t true. However you sound like one of those condescending arses who likes to point out that they cycle to work don’t you know which makes you super awesome.

spooky_b329

Buy some toy matchbox cars and put one in the centre of every space one morning. Then order some flowers round with an apology for the shaky start 🙂

theotherjonv

Commission a pavement artist to come over one night and draw giant inferno pits of hell in each of your spaces, then park in theirs. When she complains, just point at your spaces and go ‘Duuurrrgh!’ and refuse to enter any discussion. If she goes to walk on them pull har back and then claim by email to your mate / cc everyone that you saved her life.

digga
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member
    The best bit is – they have 30 spaces (as do we), and 8 employees..

Makes absolutely no difference. If they own or rent the building and the 30 spaces then they are legally theirs. They might even need the extra spaces for meetings and events – but whatever, it’s their business. I have been there and done that and have several t-shirts, so I can sympathise with your nemesis.

I know it’s cool in a kind of sixth form student-debate, Trotskiist way to diss the concept of capital and property, but look at it this way; if your neighbours started parking cars, caravans, skips on the driveway of your home, because there was space to do so, would you put up with it?

Northwind

Steal a load of cars and burn them out in “their” spaces. The police will understand, just show them this thread.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I have nothing to suggest but it’s good to see STW carries on having a good number of members still waiting for their sense of humour to appear 😛

TPTcruiser

Bouquet of flowers for the stressed neighbour when you go round to borrow some sugar. Sit down, have a chat, try and get an angle on her point of view. It could be a very long tennancy trying to be ever more creative to subvert/wind up.
    We had a Mr Traffic at our previous lease, a royal PITA with fluorescent yellow coat but this was with five or nine spaces per office with n+1 people wanting a slot.
    No cycle rack, no-one would sacrifice a space.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

My goodness the practical advice is dull!

Just pretend your car broke down and you had to push it into one of their slots, and then leave it there for two weeks while you cycle to work. 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Draw the outline of a body in white paint in one of the spaces and cordon it off with Blue and White police tape.

PJM1974
    Free Member

If you’ve got eight staff then why not all park in a swastika type pattern right outside the lovely lady’s office?

konabunny
    Free Member

Yeah swastikas lol 🙄

One company has a female director

Did that upset you?

luke
    Free Member

We had five spaces at our old office, which was fine to start with as their was just two of us based in the office most days, and I walked. Some of the other offices in the building had loads of staff and still only five spaces.
    From time to time we had the reps, MD, accountant, share holders etc come to visit and the 4 spare spaces from the office would always be taken.
    The MD solved this by arranging for works vans to be parked in the spaces of the facilities manager, and the two labelled spaces for MD’s of the other offices, within a few days we stopped having issues.

TooTall
    Free Member

unscrew and move them all around

Just do this.

Do the disabled spots have any legal protection? Putting their company signs on disabled parking spots does smack of tiny-mindedness.

Cougar

Putting their company signs on disabled parking spots does smack of tiny-mindedness.

It sounds like the sort of thing that should be horribly illegal. I’d expect you’d have a pretty solid discrimination case if a disabled person was prevented from using a disabled bay for a building.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

just make sure everyone 3 point turns in their spaces when entering and leaving the car park for a week or two, as moaning about this is petty and ridiculous.

Apart from that, don’t park in their spaces and let it go.

project
    Free Member

Club together and buy a scrap car then polish it up so it looks nice and leave across 2 spaces.Randomly move it each night.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Presumably a 13point turn os acceptable. Leave a note held against her bumper with yours.

CountZero

Have a serious word with yourself and ask who is actually getting more worked up about this….

I’m inclined to think it’s not the OP…

matt_outandabout

Meh, I’m over it now.

It was fun to see the blood bank at work yesterday, although if I had of been there in the morning, I know where I would have suggested the HGV should have parked… 😉

oldnpastit

Meh, I’m over it now.

How boringly grown-up of you 🙂

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Make sure that she’s watching out the window, run out to the car park and do the hokie cokie with your car in one of their disabled spots

Made even better if I tag team with colleagues strip off first…

So your business upped sticks and moved office without checking how much car parking was included in the terms of the new lease?

Thats actually more funny than the mad MD with the post it notes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In reality it sounds like the fm people failed to actually tell the new tenants about car parking and if they are letting one of the tenants walk all over them it’s probably not going to be a great time.

johndoh
    Free Member

I think you should start leaving these coming out of each of their spaces…

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Get some signs up for a car boot sale……..on a Thursday morning. 🙂

matt_outandabout

The car boot sale, and dumped old wagon are tempting…

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Office parking shenanegans….’ is closed to new replies.