Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Office parking shenanegans….
  • matt_outandabout

So we just moved building at work, 100m away from our old on.

On day 1 in new office, the car park was just ‘occupied’ randomly by our staff, as we used it in the old one.

Turns out that each bit of carpark is allocated to the other companies in the building. One company has a female director who stood at the window and watched everyone – then worked herself up for an hour came and had a strop word with the facilities manager, then lovely, full A4, colour notes on headed notepaper, messages on every ones windows in the car park. This she did twice, as it rained on the first lot. 😆

Day 2, today, started with notes on the bushes in the car park and seriously stroppy emails being forwarded by the facilities manager to everyone from her, warning of consequences.

We even have four disabled spots – two of which are now marked with their companies logo, and verboten for disabled guests visiting our office.

And then I have just been given a text heads up for tomorrow – I dropped a couple of colleagues back at the office this afternoon at 5:15 – and did a three point turn to immediately leave, using a spare parking bay to do this. Another complaint that this should not be done…and I am to speak to the facilities manager about this(!)

The facilities manager is too nice to tell her to do one…

So, what fun can I wreak on the tormented soul of a madwoman lovely lady involved? Tomorrow small signs get screwed on to each parking bay – I am tempted to unscrew and move them all around 👿

(and is this how ‘business’ works – my yoghurt knitting friends and colleagues from a nice charity seem more human and friendly, and less bothered about such crap issues.)

thehustler
    Free Member

“where’s the proof” that they have sole access to the parking plus private ground un enforcable regulation, jog on witch

scotroutes

If the terms of their lease include these parking spaces then they are paying for them and you’re not.

scaled
    Free Member

Make sure that she’s watching out the window, run out to the car park and do the hokie cokie with your car in one of their disabled spots 😉

matt_outandabout

“where’s the proof”

It is in all the leases…

If the terms of their lease include these parking spaces then they are paying for them and you’re not.
    It is more the way she has gone about informing us of this that is my issue… 😉

Drac

Well that’s another reason I’m glad I don’t work in an office environment.

br
    Free Member

Not unusual if they are paying for them, they’re theirs, not yours/anyones.

Had these at a previous office, we had one space (mine) – when I wasn’t there the team just divvy-ied it up between themselves.

matt_outandabout

The best bit is – they have 30 spaces (as do we), and 8 employees…

matt_outandabout

Make sure that she’s watching out the window, run out to the car park and do the hokie cokie with your car in one of their disabled spots

Made even better if I tag team with colleagues…

edward2000
    Free Member

exhaust whistle

MrGrim

Stick flyers up in the local shops advertising a Monday morning car boot sale at your building car park (in aid of the charity). Pack the place out with cars and the folding tables.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Borrow a tank?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_w7nRP85So[/video]

ninfan
    Free Member

Go and ‘borrow’ a load of traffic cones for a nightime raid – the big heavy ones.

rope off all their spaces in the early hours

oldnick

matt_outandabout – Member
    I dropped a couple of colleagues back at the office this afternoon at 5:15 – and did a three point turn to immediately leave, using a spare parking bay to do this. Another complaint that this should not be done…

The best bit is – they have 30 spaces (as do we), and 8 employees…

Hahaha, do everything you can to wind this idiot up, just promise to keep us informed.

benji
    Free Member

Plant hire, nice big road drill and compressor, drill all their spaces up, and pile it in their lobby, they obviously want them, so might as well keep them indoors nice and safe.

ski
    Free Member

Double park two of the parking bays, just to see what sort of reaction it creates

Can you modify one of the emails to swap the words parking with toilet cubicle, then stick one to the inside of every toilet cubicle door?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Oops! Double post

fell asleep on keyboard 😳

crazy-legs

Phone a skip hire company. In fact, better still, phone 3 or 4. Get them to deliver their skips at intervals throughout the day, neatly placed in various parking bays (theirs not yours obviously!)

Then order a ton of gravel, again with the request that it be dropped just in the confines of one parking bay. Repeat with bricks, sand and any other building materials you can think of.

And give her name/company as the address for all the invoices.

Pook

Put a chalk ‘body’ line down in one of the spaces overnight, with a splodge or two of ketchup

scaredypants

Just you, or is everyone in on it ?

Park your cars in your own area, but REALLY badly – at angles, over the lines etc. If your section adjoins theirs, concentrate on those bits.

edlong
    Free Member

Get over it and park where you’re supposed to?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Invite a collective of non card carrying members of the caravan club to stay for a while?

skaifan
    Free Member

Paint disabled parking logos on every parking space on the car park. Should be quick and easy with a good stencil.

matt_outandabout

Just you, or is everyone in on it ?

I think our lot would be well up for a giggle…

bencooper
    Free Member

Is it Tarmac or paviers? Rearrange the paviers so her parking spaces are all a foot narrower.

Tricker if it’s painted on Tarmac, you’d need a big blowtorch.

brooess
    Free Member

Personally I stay away with people who are so unhinged about such minor matters that they have to play passive aggressive games instead of have a face to face chat. You get dragged into their screwed-up worlds…

thehustler
    Free Member

Personally I stay away with people who are so unhinged about such minor matters that they have to play passive aggressive games instead of have a face to face chat. You get dragged into their screwed-up worlds…

……Yeah but it can be sooo much fun if you know this beforehand

keng38
    Free Member

If you’re local, I have a few car clamps you can borrow.

cbike
    Free Member

Park straight every day, but all move consistently left, 1 inch, each week.

Park in a circle like wagons from the wild west

poly
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    Well that’s another reason I’m glad I don’t work in an office environment.[b]drive an ambulance and can park it almost anywhere![/b]

FTFY!

andyl
    Free Member

Know anyone with a caravan? 😀

Kahurangi

Oh my, you can have so much fun with her. Keep us posted on how you mess with her petty little mind.

Do something different every day and make sure everyone in your office is in on it. Even better if you stay away from their bays (so that she has no legitimate grievance) but still gets wound up.

Day 1. All park perpendicular to the marked bays.
    Day 2. All park herringbone/angled.
    Day 3. All park exactly half-way across two bays, but up tight with each other.
    Day 4. All park completely randomly.
    Day 5. All park in their bays. When confronted, say you forgot which were yours.

Day 6. All park perfectly – front in.
    Day 7. All park perfectly – reverse park.
    Day 8. Everyone park on-street leaving your spaces empty.
    Day 9. Hire a RWD car and do burnouts in their car park.
    Day 10. All completely random again.

scotroutes

matt_outandabout – Member – Quote
    worked herself up for an hour…
    came and had a strop…
    seriously stroppy emails….
    tormented soul of a madwoman…

Have a serious word with yourself and ask who is actually getting more worked up about this….

scaled
    Free Member

Smart cars, 2 per bay.

Park them facing the bays next to them, get building management to send an email out to move the car, so you can get the smarts out.

I could have so much fun with this

Russell96

Park in your official allocated bays once those are fun park on the road/verges outside whilst those ‘reserved’ spaces remain all day signalling to one and all who the Billy no mates are.

As for the three point turn despite facilities being too nice tell them to P off, after all they have created this situation so deserve some flack back.

batfink
    Free Member

Not unusual if they are paying for them, they’re theirs, not yours/anyones.

Get over it and park where you’re supposed to?

Have a serious word with yourself and ask who is actually getting more worked up about this….

I’m inclined to agree with this, however, the 3-point-turn thing is ridiculous.

JoeG
    Free Member

If she goes out to post notices on the cars again, have everyone with a remote control fob hit the panic button. Honk, honk, honk, and lights flashing everywhere! 😆

Also works well for someone trying to make a call on their cell phone in the parking lot! 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

We had it in another office, after a year or so people in the upstairs company complained and most of us lost access to the car park. Wouldn’t be as bad if they actually used the spaces most were dropped off.

JoeG
    Free Member

Park the cars in a pattern to spell something. “FU” would be pretty easy! 😀

Matt24k
    Free Member

Forget all these random parking ideas. Just invade Poland if you really want to stir things up. That would be the grown up thing to do.
    Alternatively, why not arrange a meeting with the nice lady, yourself and the Facilities Manager and reach some to an amicable agreement. Life is too short.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Office parking shenanegans….’ is closed to new replies.