• This topic has 48 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by pk13.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Office Cookery
  • gavinpearce
    Free Member

You don’t get those eggs on toast in the House of Commons canteen anymore.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Microwaved kippers in an open plan office every day… it took about 20 seconds to go from ‘poor chaps had a heart attack, leave him be’ to ‘acceptable losses’

We have kitchens like Howsyourdad1 here, almost without fail there is a ban on cooking smoked fish (it’s decided on an office by office basis, anything remotely open plan, no fish)

Meh, not quite. Pizza on a stone in the BBQ while i was “working from home” i.e. sitting on the deck. In the sun, with a couple of beers. (It’s minus 5 today, so working inside with the heating on.)
    Have also done lunchtime BBQs as well. Steaks, burgers, smoked stuff.
    Boss does the same when WFH, but he has some open fire pit BBQ thing.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Perchy, my dearest mother in law delivered one of those egg poachers yesterday, could hardly sleep last night with the excitement…..

Anyhoo, bravo! perfect poached eggs on a schoolday morning is now possible, they were brilliant.

senorj

Bacon in a microwave is the work of the devil.
    bawk.

perchypanther
    Free Member

they were brilliant

Told ya! 🙂

#gamechanger

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Think I’ll need to send her in for another one for the office…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Eggs Balmoral today Perchy, lots of withering glances from the soup and sandwich brigade…. 8)

perchypanther
    Free Member

Pwoud. Vewwy pwoud.

pk13

I worked with someone who had a kettle for his pigskin hotdogs. It took two boils for just right apparently if he got angry with someone he would swill out the kettle and make them a cuppa oh and he would warm his gloves up when we worked outside by microwaving them after rubbing them with a little water.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Office Cookery’ is closed to new replies.