Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Office 2003 / Windows 7 compatibility
  • JohnnyPanic

Quick Google suggests this may be problematic.
    Anyone got any experience or advice with this combo and if it's not possible what about Office 2007 or (dare I say it) Open Office with Windows 7.
    Thanks for any input.

disco_stu
    Free Member

office 2007 works fine on windows 7 although i'd be suprised if office 2003 doesn't work as well. I've got office 97 installed on a few windows 7 machines in work

bruneep

Office 03 works fine on my son's W7 laptop, what's the issues?

clubber
    Free Member

I have w7 both at work and home

Office03 works at home
    Office07 works at work

huw
    Free Member

I've not experienced any problems with Office 2003 and use it every day. Tried OpenOffice with Windows 7 but couldn't quite get on with it, particularly the Excel equivalent.

JohnnyPanic

No issues yet – a mate's daughter wants to buy a new laptop and run office 2003 (as it's what she has).

The windows 7 site says it's compatible but googleing does find people who have had problems with this combo.

I guess google will tell you whatever you want if you look hard enough. There will always be people who have problems…

Cheers

clubber
    Free Member

Office for students is pretty cheap. Office2010 to futureproof for a while?

cp

Office 2003 here on win 7 64 bit. No problems at all- what have you found?

JohnnyPanic

I found this and jumped to conclusions.

Having looked at it in more detail now most of the threads that appeared to indicate problms were nothing to do with compatibility issues. 😳

edit. Office 2010 is pretty cheap but they are trying to do this for minimum outlay.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Office 2003 / Windows 7 compatibility’ is closed to new replies.