Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • offer of a new position……??
  • ton

worked here for 9 years, sales manager. nice carry on. half decent money.
    get on with the staff, most of the customers and the reps who come in.
    a manager we got in got sacked for misconduct, and the position has not been filled.
    they have offered it to me.
    £8k a year more, but in a office not dealing with the customers.
    doing paperwork, orders and crap.
    what do you think.
    i am a person type of person, i tend to get on with most people i meet.
    ??????????????

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Deirdre says:

It’s good to spice up your sex life with a change of position every now and then. Don’t get carried away though, the kama sutra is only for the real sexperts.

Junkyard
    Free Member

how much harder will you need to work for the 8 K?
    DO you need th eextra money?
    Will you get to spend all day posting nonesense… I mean intelligent stuff on here?
    If the slump continues will you be more or less secure?
    Do you like managing people(this means refeering between the moans of your employers and your employees.
    Where I work I got £3k more and it was not worth it so I stepped down (on protected salary no point being a union rep and not knwoing the rules)

bigsi
    Free Member

I’m a bit of a people person to and would hate to lose that part of my job even for a bit more bunce if it meant sitting in the office away from others doing paperwork all the time.

What you need to ask yourself is will the extra money make you happier than doing a job you quite like/don’t hate ?

If you work full time you will spend on average 1/3 of the day at work, 1/3 of the day at home/not working and 1/3 of the day asleep so is it worth having 1/2 your waking day doing something you don’t like which could put you in a bad mood and ruin the other half of your waking day,,,,,, hopefully that makes sense 😕

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

nothing usefull to say, jus thought i’d add some tags 🙂

bumbly1
    Free Member

Managing is surely about people and you discharge the role as you see best which may mean increased people contact to improve results as compared with the last encumbent who seemed to be a greedy twot.

Tom

zaskar
    Free Member

Trial run?

geoffj

What zaskar and Tom said. Also consider financial perks of the current job!

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

one,two three four make them wait outside the door……… five six seven eight let them in before its too late……

take it if you want to get on and its not a trap of course.

Filthy
    Free Member

8k is a very nice holiday to look forward to

ton

thisisnotaspoon

reverse cowgirl is mrs tons favourite position.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

reverse cowgirl is mrs tons favourite position.

“The major difference between the two positions is that the receiving partner cannot easily see the inserting partner.”

having seen Ton in person I can see why this might be an advantage, so long as she doesn’t get too carried away and call him “Brad” or “Hugh”…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

i am a person type of person, i tend to get on with most people i meet.

I think this says it all ton, you’ll hate being stuck in the office. Don’t do it!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Give it ago, whats the worst that could happen?

scotabroad

Tony You are suggesting that it might be dealing with “crap”? What do you see the crap part of the job being, how could you change it? If dealing with customers is an important part of the job then how about discussing the potential position with the senior managers. If you are genuinely interested in promotion, and you want to stay with the company and make a difference, then see if the senior management will alter the role to something you would be interested in.

You might be surprised, you could define a role for yourself that you would like to do, and get paid more for it.

Opportunities dont come up often, and if you dont take the position they might give it to some other **** – then you are still in your current position with a **** of a boss.

If you always do what you’ve done – then you always get what you’ve always had.

But – don’t do it if you dont want to, and dont do it just for the money.

Just a thought 🙂

CHB

Ton, take it.
    Get someone else to handle some of the workload as part of their development. You can still stay close to the action and not become an office boy.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

lol, i went for the more career related ones (italian banker, missionary work, burglar) and take absolutely no reposibility for those members lowering the tone of the thread 🙂

djglover
    Free Member

Theres often a lot to be said for being an overpaid pen pushing blotter jotter 8)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Theres often a lot to be said for being an overpaid pen pushing blotter jotter

like: “No way in a million years I’d hate it bureaucracy stinks I need job satisfaction blah blah blah blah etc…”

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘offer of a new position……??’ is closed to new replies.