Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Off work with back pain at the mo ( expert advice please )
  • GaVgAs
    Free Member

I supose I should expect the “mfu” brigade to reply here soon but i am in some serious pain at the mo. I have exceeded the maximum dose of Ibuprophen in the last 24hrs and its having little effect. I have previous history of back pain, but this time it seems unusual for painkillers to have no effect.

I tend to think its a muscular problem as I have had an xray in the past with no spinal alignment issues.

Remedial massage and acupuncture has helped also but I am starting to think theres something more serious going on. 😥

camo16
    Free Member

Where’s the pain? Lower back? Centre, or sides?

ton

stop carrying you bike up big mofo mountains……. 😉

lowey

Yeah, where is the pain, any sciatica ?

Could be a disk rupture rather than muscular

globalti
    Free Member

Why not go and see a physio? You have probably popped your sacro-iliac or something, a physio can pop it back. I’ve had this done twice now and each time I’ve walked out like a new man, pain free.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Lower lumbago seems to be the cause just gooooogled it 😮

Terra

Join the club. I’m in the same situation at the moment, severe pain and muscle spasms last week, now down to pain in right lower back and right hip despite some heavy duty painkillers from the doc. Physio assessment yesterday narrowed it down to a sacro-illiac problem but what the problem is won’t be clear until I have an x ray (booked for next monday)

Nothing specific caused the back pain this time, (I’ve had a few accidents in the past) it’s been coming on gradually over the past month. Went from cycling 70-80 miles a week to sitting on the settee watching the tour and definitely no cycling or rock climbing until the x ray results come through.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Off work with back pain at the mo ( expert advice please )’ is closed to new replies.