Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 133 total)
  • **** off with your enduro!!!
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I assumed Enduro was just Mountain Biking whilst wearing dayglo green helmet and dayglo top. Mostly involving pushing a dayglo yellow 6″ travel bike up a hill and riding down again.

Northwind

It’s dead simple.

Fullface- downhill.
    Open face- all mountain.
    Open face and goggles– enduro.

colournoise

Open face and goggles – special

Equally special is my ‘enduro’ look – full face and no goggles

tomasis
    Free Member

Facebook without google is most special

Northwind

colournoise – Member

That’s just mental. Have you not been reading the style updates Pussywillow has?

aracer
    Free Member

Where’s richmtbguru when you need him? I’m sure somebody like him who could have been a professional will be able to sort all this out for us.

pussywillow
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member
    Right. OK.
    Now, correct me if I’m wrong here, but the term ‘enduro’ isn’t new and nor is it MTB marketing.
    I did an enduro about 8-9 years ago. It was just a big long organised MTB ride, as distinct from a race, as it was on public land. And you can’t race on public land.
    The term itself comes from (possibly not solely) from motorcycling where an enduro is, err, a big long organised off road MC ride. Done on bikes that are usually less racy and more comfy than an MX bike, just like an MTB enduro bike is more relaxed than an XC race bike.
    The more this WussyPillow kid flaps his gob, the more stupid he sounds…..

POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Kinda changed slightly since then, no? Back then, it was more enduro as in long xc ride…
    Just like the wheel size debate, enduro is confusing people the same way isn’t it peter podge? 🙄

pussywillow
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    colournoise – Member

That’s just mental. Have you not been reading the style updates Pussywillow has?

POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

So what style do you fit under then northwind? I’m guessing maybe a serp? 😆
    Anyway, I would love to stay and chat but unlike you guys, I actually get out and ride my bike! 😆
    Gotta go laugh at some serps around greno… 😀

cruzcampo
    Free Member

had to check i wasn’t on bike radar for a minute lol this tread escalated quickly 😀

Northwind

pussywillow – Member

So what style do you fit under then northwind? I’m guessing maybe a serp?

I never quite understood what that was all about, it seemed to be your disparaging term for people who like riding bikes. So yep, perhaps.

I am mediocrduro.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

pussywillow
    Free Member

Yeah that’s me mike,
    Look out for me around greno! 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Kinda changed slightly since then, no? Back then, it was more enduro as in long xc ride…

So what if it has? Things change.

tomhoward

**** off then and don’t post!

Couldn’t have put it better myself….

psling
    Free Member

epicyclo – Member
    Aaarh Jim lass, when I were a lad in the 60s, we rode the same trails that we ride now on mtbs on dropbar bikes with 52/48 front chainrings and the rear 13/21, and our widest tyre was 38mm.

And,interestingly [yawn…] we did it on what are now referred to as the new-fangled 650 wheelsize!

b45her
    Free Member

“enduro” is just another buzz word the bike industry has picked up on try and sell us products we already have, its just trail riding with timed sections.
    its a fun race format but certainly nothing new.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I am struggling to see what is the point of this.

LoCo
    Free Member

Push bikes & cyclists

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I am struggling to see what is the point of this.

He’s an ego stroker. Well…. Some sort of stroker at any rate…..

nealglover
    Free Member

What’s a “serp” ?

pussywillow
    Free Member

nealglover – Member
    What’s a “serp” ?

POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Good question my friend! 😀

A serp is a modern day downhill boy who has all the gear, neckbraces, full face, body armour full on downhill bike…but..rides down certain tracks that don’t acquire all this. The word serp came about when we noticed this more on a certain typical so called groomed “downhill track” based in morzine called, the serpentine, while we didn’t want to go down this track as it’s not our style, we needed to use it as an a to b route, while being bored to death going down it we noticed a few of these serp riders bragging at the bottom of how good a downhill track it was and how good they were down it..this tickled us as how much the biking industry has had an influence and given them the wrong idea of what downhill really is. This is where the term serp rider derived from. 😆

Rosss
    Free Member

So to conclude some guys were proud of their riding and maybe took safety precautions because they value their health or have others who rely on them being able to work and you though,

“Haha they’re not as cool as me or as fast, idiots”

Grow up you pathetic waster, I’ve met kids more intellectual than you

Northwind

Like I summarised earlier- a term for people who like riding bikes.

pussywillow
    Free Member

Oh yeah, you’ll notice a lot of serp riders in grenoside woods, while there today, I noticed going down one track to the left hand side which has about 3 tabletops before a big right hand berm, this carries on all the way down to the bottom, however just after the berm there is a sweet left hander going down a nice steepish bit which is the nearest to downhill that greno gets…we stopped there for a while having something to eat and not one so called dhiller went down! All sticking to the main line 😆

Anyway each to there own aye, but I’m just making a valid point of how the industry is falsely influencing them, I mean, they would have so much more fun riding greno on a hardtail right?? Lighter more agile faster on all the smooth stuff and climb back to the top so much easier, I mean, “enduro” is supposed to make light work on the climbs after all! 😆

RichieBoy
    Free Member

A serp is a modern day downhill boy who has all the gear, neckbraces, full face, body armour full on downhill bike…but..rides down certain tracks that don’t acquire all this. The word serp came about when we noticed this more on a certain typical so called groomed “downhill track” based in morzine called, the serpentine, while we didn’t want to go down this track as it’s not our style, we needed to use it as an a to b route, while being bored to death going down it we noticed a few of these serp riders bragging at the bottom of how good a downhill track it was and how good they were down it..this tickled us as how much the biking industry has had an influence and given them the wrong idea of what downhill really is. This is where the term serp rider derived from.

Sounds like you and your riding mates have a bad attitude.

pussywillow
    Free Member

Rosss – Member
    So to conclude some guys were proud of their riding and maybe took safety precautions because they value their health or have others who rely on them being able to work and you though,

“Haha they’re not as cool as me or as fast, idiots”

Grow up you pathetic waster, I’ve met kids more intellectual than you

POSTED 12 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Oooooh handbags! 😆

yossarian
    Free Member

Actually I think the OP has a valid point. Lots of butch sounding marketing bollocks that dresses up the same shit we’ve always done. Some people buy in, others buy out.

Does any of it actually matter? I suppose it depends how much attention you need to validate yourself.

pussywillow
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    Like I summarised earlier- a term for people who like riding bikes.

POSTED 10 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

But wouldn’t they enjoy it so much better if put on the right bike to start with?
    This is all down to the industry misleading riders who are just coming into the sport?
    Please don’t shoot me down for all this! 🙄

RichieBoy
    Free Member

The industry has to keep moving as it employs a lot of folk who rely on it (myself included). That said, you’ll not find me or any of my colleagues riding anything particularly new or with 650b (touring/randonneur) wheels. Thats because we choose not to.

No ones forcing you to buy anything, ride a particular way or with a particular group. I’m afraid you come accross like a bitter, older rider who thinks their kit and way of riding is best and whos now annoyed its not the latest thing. Get over it, you do your thing and let everyone else get on with it.

New stuff can be interesting and fun. 😉

Northwind

pussywillow – Member

But wouldn’t they enjoy it so much better if put on the right bike to start with?

Apparently not, they seem to be having a better time than you. Hey, maybe they need a 650b enduro bike?

pussywillow
    Free Member

RichieBoy – Member
    The industry has to keep moving as it employs a lot of folk who rely on it (myself included). That said, you’ll not find me or any of my colleagues riding anything particularly new or with 650b (touring/randonneur) wheels. Thats because we choose not to.

No ones forcing you to buy anything, ride a particular way or with a particular group. I’m afraid you come accross like a bitter, older rider who thinks their kit and way of riding is best and whos now annoyed its not the latest thing. Get over it, you do your thing and let everyone else get on with it.

New stuff can be interesting and fun.

POSTED 4 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Not at all pal, I keep updating my trail bike all the time as the geometry gets better with little tweaks made each year, if it suits my style of riding then it’s worth it, I’m all for change if it’s worth it, but lately, the past couple of years we’ve hit a platue where every thing has become spot on ie: geometry, suspension and brakes, so what can they sell when this happens? “I know 💡 let’s make the **** wheels bigger!let’s change the whole name of mountain biking!” What’s happening though in reality is it’s having the opposite affect and confusing the newcomer to the sport,

New stuff can be interesting and fun.

Where’s the fun in shoving a big downhill bike back up the hill when they could be riding it on a more suited lighter bike? Flame the industry and magazines not me! 😀

pussywillow
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    pussywillow – Member

Apparently not, they seem to be having a better time than you. Hey, maybe they need a 650b enduro bike?

Haha, says the man that’s on here 24/7 😉
    Have you not gotten out over the weekend pal? Tracks are riding well! 😆

Northwind

Manflu 🙁 Terminal case.

But at least it’s 26 inch manflu!

nealglover
    Free Member

full face, body armour full on downhill bike…but..rides down certain tracks that don’t acquire all this.

Probably best, when trying to be a smart arse, to get basic things right.

Avoid looking like a complete tool 😉

RichieBoy
    Free Member

Where’s the fun in shoving a big downhill bike back up the hill when they could be riding it on a more suited lighter bike? Flame the industry and magazines not me!

Because the individual wants to? They paid their money, they made their choice. If you update your bike so often, why not buy a 650b enduro bike next? You might like it!

Or don’t. Just dont automatically assume your having more fun than anyone else just because of the choice you made.

One mans fun is another mans pain. They arent wrong for pushing their machines up a hill.

Is this point getting lost on you?

Northwind

PW doesn’t like other people telling him what bike to ride, or what kit to wear. But he loves telling other people what they should ride or wear.

It is an enigma.

yossarian
    Free Member

I wear full denim on the trails

nealglover
    Free Member

Double or Triple denim ?

Triple is for riding gods only surely !

_tom_
    Free Member

I think pussy actually has a point this time! And I still dont really know what a trail bike is meant to be since you get trails of all kinds including dh and dirt jumps.

singletrackmind

but..rides down certain tracks that don’t acquire all this

‘Require’ ftfy

Is the Serp a DH trail? No ,it isnt . Its basically a long xc link with a drop off , some rollers and some flowy berms.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘**** off with your enduro!!!’ is closed to new replies.