Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 133 total)
  • **** off with your enduro!!!
  • pussywillow
    Free Member

Just been watching a certain video with a Santa Cruz rider was who has said we now have a name for the kinda riding we do that involves light work on the climbs to have fun on the descents! We now call this “Enduro” 😆
    Unbe******leavable! I guess this can only be done on a 650b aswell! 😆

I’ve been riding bikes for over 30 year and never once tried making climbing hard work! It has always been about the downhills for me too, and I was more than happy just calling it mountain biking! Why do all these little student rich kid gimps think they can come into our sport and re-label it as if we’ve never ridden like them before, man, it was a lot harder riding “enduro” back in the day when I rode my rigid saracen hardtrack about but we rode or some of us rode just as hard and technical back then, why do they think they’ve invented it!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Riding bikes for 30+ years? How so when you are 15 years old max? Or is that just your obnoxious internet persona?

crikey
    Free Member

I’ve been riding bikes for over 30 year and never once tried making climbing hard work!

I’d like to have your babies.

martinhutch

it was a lot harder riding “enduro” back in the day when I rode my rigid saracen hardtrack

I know you’re just trolling, but it’s still great to watch.

mikey3
    Free Member

I only read the first sentence,and that was hard going.

Northwind

So in conclusion, something that didn’t used to have a handy name to make it easy to describe now does. And that’s somehow bad?

crikey
    Free Member

TBH pussy, you sound like a bit of a roadie to me.

jekkyl

Wassap fools, ahm back and ahm still faster than you.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Pissywillowz bik iz sarcin 😀

epicyclo

Aaarh Jim lass, when I were a lad in the 60s, we rode the same trails that we ride now on mtbs on dropbar bikes with 52/48 front chainrings and the rear 13/21, and our widest tyre was 38mm.

The older generation called us softies and rode them on their fixies with skinny tubs – usually puffing on a fag hanging out of the sides of their mouth. Hate to think what they’d call us now… 🙂

slackalice
    Free Member

Jethro Tull

One of their more memorable songs for me.

Or ‘gnome music’ as someone I once knew remarked. Although I do recall them being fun and entertaining live, so long as I didn’t take them too seriously.

So I cant help but think of them when I see your username and read your contributions 😀

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I hate new people! I hate new things! I love the number 26″ for no particular reason and refuse to even contemplate using a different wheel size!

Above all else, I hate it when people have fun!

khani
    Free Member

They’re all bastards!!! Everyone, everywhere… bloody riding bikes, having fun, generally just being alive..
    BASTARDS!!!

Euro
    Free Member

..and I was more than happy just calling it mountain biking!

My email is in my profile and for a small sum (£29) i’ll will allow you to still call it mountain biking!

You do have a point though, we are all getting old.

shifter
    Free Member

I can remember when this was all fields 😐

bikeind
    Free Member

OP
    We had this similar customer in the shop a few weeks back

I pointed out some key facts in Enduro compared to other formats of mountain biking thus realisation kicked in for this said customer

And one week later he walked out with a purchase of a 29er

Enduro is the future of this sport and most certainly is a new style of riding !! With both new larger wheel sizes complementing it more so!

ojom
    Free Member

ffs

Drac

bikeneil
    Free Member

bikeind – Member
    OPWe had this similar customer in the shop a few weeks backI pointed out some key facts in Enduro compared to other formats of mountain biking thus realisation kicked in for this said customer

What were the key facts you pointed out and what is your shop called?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

This is classic pussywillow. Feed him after midnight if you want some fun!

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

bikeind is a sockpuppet of pure genius… 😆

Nonsense
    Free Member

I’m going to change my name to ‘mingesycamore – Member’ in your honour.

pussywillow
    Free Member

bikeind – Member
    OP
    We had this similar customer in the shop a few weeks back

I pointed out some key facts in Enduro compared to other formats of mountain biking thus realisation kicked in for this said customer

And one week later he walked out with a purchase of a 29er

Enduro is the future of this sport and most certainly is a new style of riding !! With both new larger wheel sizes complementing it more so!

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Hahaha typical bike shop owner! It’s all a load of marketing drivel, keep feeding the serps!! 😆

nickc

Pussywillow reminds me of one of those fat northern downhillers you used to see at Morzine, balding head burned bright red, one of those orange and camo Endura tops, 3/4 camo humvees in size “ginormous” both of which could probaly walk about on their own, pre 2005 rode an orange, post 2005 a Santa Cruz….natch.

nealglover
    Free Member

What were the key facts you pointed out and what is your shop called?

Also interested in that.

Bullet points would be ok 😉

I’m looking forward to the realisation kicking in.

scaredypants

pussy – have you ever had your blood pressure measured ?

pussywillow
    Free Member

[/quote]nickc – Member
    Pussywillow reminds me of one of those fat northern downhillers you used to see at Morzine, balding head burned bright red, one of those orange and camo Endura tops, 3/4 camo humvees in size “ginormous” both of which could probaly walk about on their own, pre 2005 rode an orange, post 2005 a Santa Cruz….natch.

POSTED 26 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Yeah, northern boys are a lot faster than you southern shandy drinking softies though! 😆

crikey
    Free Member

Pussy windows can’t be Northern; he whines far too much.

pussywillow
    Free Member

crikey – Member
    Pussy windows can’t be Northern; he whines far too much.

Another sheep following the rest! 😆

crikey
    Free Member

Oooh chase me!

crikey
    Free Member

…Obviously not uphill because you wouldn’t keep up, chubby…

LoCo
    Free Member

😆

pussywillow
    Free Member

Aye ups the ole shep is here! Haha…is that what your other alter ego was called loco? 😆

svalgis
    Free Member

OP is right of course, we should immedietly rename the race format enduro to simply “mountain biking”. We’ll obviously have to do the same thing with XC, DH, 4X, DJ and trials – in respect of those who have done similar things on a pushbike without calling them by those specific names in the past.

crikey
    Free Member

Pussy willy, are you single?

pussywillow
    Free Member

crikey – Member
    Pussy willy, are you single?

No, I am up to the tatos as we speak kid! 😉

scaredypants

as we speak

blimey – steady hand, I’ll give you that

crikey – stop flirting !

pussywillow
    Free Member

svalgis – Member
    OP is right of course, we should immedietly rename the race format enduro to simply “mountain biking” We’ll obviously have to do the same thing with XC, DH, 4X, DJ and trials – in respect of those who have done similar things on a pushbike without calling them by those specific names in the past.

POSTED 5 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

The thing is svalgis, there is no other discipline in mountain biking to be made up, but this is all marketing ploy to get u to go out and buy the latest “enduro” helmet, “enduro” bike, “enduro” gloves, u get my drift? I mean, come on, what was “all mountain” supposed to be 5 year ago? That soon dissapeared… Instead of agreeing with all the other sheep on here, try being yer own man and say what u think! 💡 😀

grantway
    Free Member

Bike companies need another category to flog another bike
    Me personally have called it Trial riding for many of years.

Just call this category Bull shite

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘**** off with your enduro!!!’ is closed to new replies.