Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Off to have me some surgery….
  • boxwithawindow
    Free Member

Wish me luck.

scruffythefirst
    Free Member

Good luck 🤞

tjagain

Good luck. Heres a tip. Take an indelible pen with you and write on your body instructions and an arrow pointing the the right bit 🙂 Surgeons like that bit of helpful guidence

thegeneralist
    Free Member

“Nooooooh. I said remove his spectacles

blokeuptheroad

Take an indelible pen with you and write on your body instructions and an arrow pointing the the right bit

😀 Like this?

After nearly 6 decades steering clear of hospitals, I’ve had 5 general anesthetics in 4 different hospitals for 3 different issues this year. The pic was the latest, ACL graft/reconstruction a week and a half ago.

Once past the horror that is A&E and into the care of staff in theatre and on the wards, the NHS care and all staff have been excellent. I’m sure you will be in excellent hands.  Here’s to a swift recovery 🍻

maccruiskeen

Heres a tip. Take an indelible pen with you and write on your body instructions and an arrow pointing the the right bit 🙂 Surgeons like that bit of helpful guidence

Just write ‘Surprise me!’ or “I feel lucky”

oldnpastit

Take an indelible pen with you and write on your body instructions and an arrow pointing the the right bit

A surgeon examined my ruptured achilles a few weeks ago. This would have been quite useful.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Luck shouldn’t come into it…… well hopefully not

andrewh
    Free Member

Good luck. Heres a tip. Take an indelible pen with you and write on your body instructions and an arrow pointing the the right bit 🙂 Surgeons like that bit of helpful guidence

I have a friend who is a surgeon. She is one of only two people I know who can’t tell left and right (the other sells bathrooms)
    She hasn’t mentioned any cock ups at work but has a couple of funny stories about learning to drive.
    Also, neither of them can read maps, the same bit of the brain seems to do N/S/E/W as does L/R

flicker
    Free Member

When I was in earlier this year the nurses in a+e scribbled on me themselves, filled me with confidence. You’d hope the fact bits of my foot were pointing the wrong way would be a bit of a give away 😀

flicker
    Free Member

Wish me luck.

Dibs on your bike ……oh …… Dibs on his bike! God rest his soul etc etc….

CountZero

So far, I’ve managed to get to 68 with only one surgical procedure being performed on me, and that was around two months ago. I’m expecting the same procedure hopefully sometime fairly soon.
    Cataract operations, before anyone asks. Made an enormous difference as well.

TiRed

Luck shouldn’t come into it…… well hopefully

that seems to be reserved for ambulances after cardiac arrest 🙁

And good luck op.

slowoldman

A few tears ago I had keyhole op on my shoulder. Prior to surgery I reckon the surgeon asked me 4 or 5 times “which shoulder is it?” Just to be sure.

MrOvershoot

Is that a delightful miss use of years slowoldman? Or did it involve tears?

Is it Tears or Tears of a Clown!

duncancallum

I’ve had the sharpie and cold iodine pain treatment

It’s lovely.

slowoldman

Is that a delightful miss use of years slowoldman? Or did it involve tears?

Haha. Oops. No, no tears at all went swimmingly and I got to watch the op on the big screen.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.