Off the shelf kilt jackets/waist coats

Home Forum Chat Forum Off the shelf kilt jackets/waist coats

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Off the shelf kilt jackets/waist coats
  • Premier Icon kcal
    Subscriber

good choice. There’s McColls have a branch in the city with you. Think they’re OK.

I got a kilt (and stock – Argyle – jacket as well IIRC) at Duncan Chisolm, in Inverness. This was in ah 1984 though!

Though I’ve since inherited a charcoal jacket from my dad, looks pretty good, and a scruffy lovat green tweed jacket from an old friend who didn’t fit it, and that’s the one I wear the most – not just for Mike, but because it’s so well worn it just looks right..

If you’re passing you could borrow one of mine Terry..

trail_rat

cheers for the offer but part of the issue is that I’m going to the wedding at drumtochty – then flying out to baku a day later – with a hangover no doubt. Makes hiring an ass as I cant give it back on a sunday.

Ill go for a wander about town this afternoon and see whats availible over the counter in aberdeen – probably Eff all.

trail_rat

got a wedding in a couple of weeks , got a kilt but alas no jacket.

I could go hire as per normal , but I had a squizz about and saw I can buy off the shelf kilt jackets for about 250 quid (a bespoke made one at the local shop by their own tailor is 500 & takes 14 weeks atm) – surely this would be no different to hiring – its not like I have a particularly peculiar body shape or anything.

Has anyone any experience of buying an off the shelf job ? any companies to recommend ?

looking for a charcoal tweed crail jacket I think

Premier Icon kcal
    Subscriber

get someone (from the wedding or a mate) to drop it back for you?

My mate’s returning from Baku that weekend, as it happens.. just as you head out thy the sounds of things. He’s tied up with the TAP project I think.

trail_rat

looks like alex scott can give me a 40Long argyll today …. lets see what everyone else has. id rather try it on than order online.

Off the shelf Crail and waistcoat, can’t remember think it was Keith Scott in Dundee, but might have been Caledonia Highland dress in Abernethy. Either way, perfectly happy. I’d say find a shop, try it on, if it fits and you’re happy with the quality, you’re in.

trail_rat

That was easier than expected.

Got a charcoal tweed argyle in the end as i liked the cuffs better.

Will need to visit a friendly tailor at somepoint and get a stitch or two out the shoulders but its as near as dammit. Certainly no worse than a hired one would be.

Rscott

I got a hand made kilt the kilt maker took a argyll jacket and waistcoat of the shelf took the sides on a bit moed the buttons and it looks amazing probably need to take the top button in a little more.

My brother bought some online and got his tailor friend to re do them to fit him as hes 5 foot 6 with a 48inch chest.

I got a 42 short as in 5 foot 8, with a 42 inch chest but have a 32inch waste so was a bit baggy round my middle.

Rscott

would also much rather wear a kilt and jacket than a suit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Off the shelf kilt jackets/waist coats’ is closed to new replies.