Off Piste in La Grave – Poss for intermediates?

Home Forum Chat Forum Off Piste in La Grave – Poss for intermediates?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Off Piste in La Grave – Poss for intermediates?
  • Premier Icon cb
    Subscriber

Heading to L2Alpes at the end of this month and wondering whether to have a bash at La Grave.

Obvioulsy, we’d hire a guide but basic question – is it poss for intermediates? Youtube shows some gorgeous wide open spaces to ski, then followed by people having to abseil! Is it possible to follow the former all the way down rather than taking a parachute?

The only way to know for sure is to ask the person who’d be guiding you. It may be very conditions dependent.

As a minimum I would expect you to be capable to ski off piste and to ski accurately in some one else’s tracks at a reasonable speed.

shuhockey

We camped at the bottom this summer. I’m no skier but it looked ****ING scary from the bottom! Best of luck….

For a reasonably fit intermediate who can ski strongly in most snow conditions its perfectly fine with a guide who will keep you on the classic routes. I’d recommend Olivier Giroud (not that one!) who is a lovely fella and a great guide if using the Bureau Des Guides in LG. Be warned it’s like no resort skiing you’ve ever done and is highly addictive!

Premier Icon nedrapier
    Subscriber

yup, perfectly possible to ski as an intermediate. conditions can make it easier or harder, obviously, but if you can “get down” a black you should be able to have a fun ski on the main routes, vallon and chancel. Most it will be fine, but there may be some tricky steep moguls or icy patches.

Obviously, the more you’re happy with, the more you can do, it’s pretty open-ended there!

Premier Icon cb
    Subscriber

Ok sounds good – thanks all!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.