• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Of all the bikes in all the towns, in all t’ world – there must be one like this
  • lardman
    Free Member

I’m looking for something that might not even exist, but i hope it does. Might even be moon on a stick.

I currently use a Carbon ‘on-one’ Lurcher, as a winter/gravel/hybrid bike, where all my spare parts from my many trail/enduro machines go to live when they’ve passed their best. It’s curently mostly 10speed XTR, with a double compact stlye chainset.
    This year i actually used it a fair bit, so i was thinking about looking for a better frame to hand the old bits off. I want to try a titanium frame too, as i’ve had every other flavour before.

The Lurcher has several issues/quirks.
    I’m running a Carbon Niner fork, adjusted for 100mm travel forks, so any new frame would need to work with this. The lurcher also feels quite high, which i’m sure is a by rpoduct or an older frame, but would be nice to have a lower bottom bracket.
    I’m running wheels that are 135mm QR rear that i’d want to use, ones which cant be upgraded to thru-axle (without a very weak Hope axle) I have Stans Arch rims with 40mm Spesh trigger CX tyres on.

So, the requirements are something with a long TT, as i’m not gonna run drops on it, and i want to ruse around a 50mm stem maximum. Something in the region of 640mm TT would be great, so thats a large in most cases. I am like an orangutan tho, so have short legs to go with my long arms, and standover needs to be good too. (the lurcher is just about ok)

Don’t need huge tyre clearance, but room for a 50mm would be spot on.
    Do want threaded BB, not press fit please.
    Non Boost spacing, as my older wheels wont work.
    Rear disk mount, natch.
    31.6, or 30.9 seatpost, so i can re-use what i have.
    Tapered, or oversize headtube.
    Takes a front mech, (or rather has cable stops for it)

list i’ve looked at so far….
    Titus Fireline, but not sure the large is really long enough at 615mm.
    Lynskey 2019 Sequel 27.5 frame looks spot on, but hard to find in the UK and more expensive than i was looking to pay.
    …..errr anything else that might work?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Of all the bikes in all the towns, in all t’ world – there must be one like this’ is closed to new replies.